Yamaha Windscreen

Allan

Howdy CGENGO. I'm 5'8" as well. In your opinion, would you go back to the stock at all, or is the double bubble a better screen?

Roaddawg

Well, the double bubble is by far better than the stock, not only does the wind flow better, but it looks better as well. I'm 6'4" and it pushes most of the air over my helmet. If you wait until Givi gives me an answer about the other windshield, I may have a DB to sell!

CGENGO

Stock or double...

My advice is- go with the double bubble. You will like the look, and the difference.

Now for a question to you.....how did you get the bike to South Africa?

Allan

Yamaha SA sells the FZ6R in SA. However, getting accessories. sucks!! I had to order my frame sliders from the US, (T-Rex group buy), as our market it pretty small, and very few FZ6R's have sold here. Awsome bike, imo.

pyrocpu

For those who have replaced the stock windscreen with the Yamaha Double Bubble (still sounds like bubble gum to me...), were you guys able to reuse ALL of the plastic screws? I'm trying to determine if I need to order replacement plastic screws too. Not interested in steel screws from the hardware store; just want the factory screws...

Roaddawg

For those who have replaced the stock windscreen with the Yamaha Double Bubble (still sounds like bubble gum to me...), were you guys able to reuse ALL of the plastic screws? I'm trying to determine if I need to order replacement plastic screws too. Not interested in steel screws from the hardware store; just want the factory screws...
Yes. Like any screw, be careful and don't strip them.

Newmason

Anymore updates on the aftermarket guys putting out a screen?

NYGirl

Was riding on the interstate just yesterday and asked my friends if they too felt the wind buffeting. They said no... I thought it was just me (I'm a noob, my bike just went in for 600 mile service) - but glad to read that others have the same problem - and there's a solution. THANKS! and yes, where did you get it?!

JZIPPOZ

I am thinking about getting the double bubble windscreen, i am trying to figure out, which one is better the clear or the tinted, i can care less about colors, i just want one that blocks the wind better. Also, where is the cheapest place to get the windscreen. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated

FitZ6R

I am thinking about getting the double bubble windscreen, i am trying to figure out, which one is better the clear or the tinted, i can care less about colors, i just want one that blocks the wind better. Also, where is the cheapest place to get the windscreen. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated
I haven't seen a direct comparison, but the clear screen is supposed to be an inch taller, so that's what I got.

NYGirl

Had my dealer put the clear version raised bubble windshield on yesterday, SIGNIFICANT difference. WELL WORTH the $70. I think Yamaha oopsied on the original windshield. The air hit me right in the chest, and I'm only 5'2". New windshield completely eliminated it.

Newmason

Why did you have your dealership put it on for you? Its only held on by 6 screws I think. I too also ordered a clear sheild last week from my dealer. Waiting for it to show up sometime this week I hope. And your right, yamaha really screwed up with the stocker, it doesnt work unless your in a full tuck laying on the gas tank!

MikeN02

Why did you have your dealership put it on for you? Its only held on by 6 screws I think. I too also ordered a clear sheild last week from my dealer. Waiting for it to show up sometime this week I hope. And your right, yamaha really screwed up with the stocker, it doesnt work unless your in a full tuck laying on the gas tank!
Maybe he doesn't have steady hands and the screw driver would do all over the place and scratch his fairings...? maybe...

I'm waiting to get money to order this, I don't tuck in as much because the windshield is too small, i'm scared of cops and it sort of distorts my vision of distance a bit.

Would like to use it for cosmetic looks and since it's 1'in taller it might make a difference.

Roaddawg

I'm waiting to get money to order this, I don't tuck in as much because the windshield is too small, i'm scared of cops and it sort of distorts my vision of distance a bit.
Paranoid a little?! Where does this fit into wind screens?! Sorry, I found that a little humorous. :D

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MikeN02

Paranoid a little?! Where does this fit into wind screens?! Sorry, I found that a little humorous. :D
I don't have pig spotters... plus I can't look over other cars in other lanes while tucked in to see if there are cops. Reason why I'm tucking in? Aggressive riding.

JSP

Super Moderator
I'd kind of like a shorter windshield for the looks... I was used to no windshield on my last bike and it didnt bother me much. Although I did end up putting one on it eventually just because I got such a good deal on one :rolleyes:

JonKerr

Elite Member

porky45

I have the r6s mirrors with double bubble. Definitely better!

Attachments