Yamaha OEM Center Stand ?

tdnathens

Is there such a thing as a factory OEM center stand for our FZ6R's ?
All I can find is an aftermarket made by SW-MOTECH that fits FZ6R & FJ6 Diversion. 2009 to 2015. Does anyone have a factory center stand? Did it
come on the bike when new or was it an accessory? If so does anyone have the correct part number? The dealers I call say they can't find a listing for a center stand.
Thanks; Tom

George

Yes, there is. I have one. Thing is you cannot purchase it in the USA as far as I know. However, you can get it from Canada. They ship to USA. You can check their website. Do a search for yamahagenuineparts and Canada, should get you there. I did keep their phone number, 877-414-0404.

Anyways, the actual OEM Yamaha FZ6R center stand works great. The only difficulty in assembly were attaching the two springs. But you can find some help on here referencing the 3rd party center stand installation or elsewhere on the web.

If memory serves me right the cost was very close to the third party option. I felt more comfortable with the actual Yamaha part.

Ok just checked my records. I payed $178.55 for the center stand late in 2014. Just checked their website and it lists for Canadian $413.95. I believe that is about $309 US. Not sure why such a large increase. You may want to give them a call anyhow. If that is the price then probably better off going with 3rd party centerstand

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Billsbet0

I've got a center stand on my fz6r I'm getting ready to sell. Bought used but pretty sure
It is oem. I Can take it off to sell it but anyone know how to tell if it is oem or Motech?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

tdnathens

There are several threads that show pictures of both center stands. Once you see the pictures you should be able to identify the brand of your stand. The OEM is more of a curved pattern than the Motech, which is welded in a square pattern. If you decide to sell please PM me. I would be interested in either type.
Thanks; Tom