Yamaha FZ6R Top Carrier Mount with Givi E300

:needpics:

Did you paint the case mount? If yes we/I need pics :)) I'm ready to buy something and still struggle to figure out what I want, the yamaha mount or the Givi .....
Unfortunately no progress to report only that my wife mentions that the givi as a back rest is comfortable and secure (i.e. mount is stable as same as grab bar).

I did send yamaha an email as their accessory catolog has a different picture of the mount (i.e. has rubber bushings and locking tab for monolock).

I hope they will send me missing parts.

Next report will be the mod to add stop and turning led lights to the E300.

Heineken

Elite Member

Lonelyrider

just a quick question...is that carrier big enough to hold a helmet? I need a place to store passenger helmet....thanks!

jonkop

Question about givi mount on a yamaha carrier

Hi Blazing_nitro,
I just bought yamaha carrier, like yours. But mine is bare too and don't have givi bushings for mounting monolock and monokey cases.
How did you solve that problem? Any part numbers to search the web?
Thank you in advance!
Jonko

Hi Blazing_nitro,
I just bought yamaha carrier, like yours. But mine is bare too and don't have givi bushings for mounting monolock and monokey cases.
How did you solve that problem? Any part numbers to search the web?
Thank you in advance!
Jonko
Sorry I never did get the part.

I ended up just mounting the givi base to the yamaha carrier.

I plan on painting the Yamaha carrier black during the winter.

Bringing back an old post.

I had a request to see if I ever painted the carrier and got a chance to try out ipad 3 camera.

I used matte black $5 tremclad paint I think on the carrier.

Results are pretty good and looks factory to me. Very simple process. I rubbed with dollar store sand paper block and painted lightly and then second coat. Very easy.

F

FZ6R_Blue

I have actually never thought about adding mount or carriers on my. just to much bulk

JSP

Super Moderator
Cool! Sure will make the longer trips better.