XJ6 vs FZ6 forks

Zore89

Hi there
I must replace forks, becouse of accident but i cannot find xj6 used forks. Are the same from FZ6 if so from which year? I found a lot of fz6 used forks but noone for xj6. I called service in our country and they said to me that from Fz6 are bigger.

P.S. If anyone have forks from Xj6 in goood condition please pm me.

Zore89

Anyone?
Or ent better suspension which fit in xj6 i know that fz6 has 43diameter of fork tube xj6 have 41 mm so it wont fit.
I have crashed first end and just lower legs are ok? What s the best way to fix?

An option and an upgrade if it works would be to install the 43mm FZ6 04 - 09 upper and lower triple clamp and then fit the bike 43mm R6 forks and axle. The S2 fz has fixed calipers with 4 pistons.

R6 fork 02 - 04 and axle
R6S forks from 06 - 09.

Those guys wreck constantly so parts are always out there. Plus you get fully adjustable fron end now. An FZ6 front fender would work too. Wonder over to 600riders.com and you'll see threads by myself and others.

You may need some machine work on the stem and non-standard bearings. Stock ours have ball bearings, when replacement time comes most replace them with all balls tapered roller bearings.

If this works, this is the fork stem offset of FZ6