wrecked :(

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

jlente89

yea the tank was what freaked me out the most i was like how did i break nothing probably go in for xray on right side....they only checked left because thats all that was bothering me at the time....sigh dont even know where to start with repairs no full coverage insurance either :(

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BKP

Was probably goingbaround 45 not to sure happened so fast don't remember much really
Did you trade insurance info with the driver that stopped short? Is there enough culpability on their end to have their insurance cover it?

What was it that dented the tank like that? I'm assuming it wasn't your stones...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Michael Wilson

I would pull the whole front end off the bike. Replaces triple trees forks and the whole front fairing.check rim for bent. Check steering neck. Ect. If you could find a bike just like your for parts I would do a complete swap. Just my 2 cents

jlente89

So this sucks lol. How can I tell myself if the bike is totaled or not will remove all the fairings and plastic tomorrow if I feel io to it

DerekVinyard

I would personally consider it a parts bike. The frame is most definitely tweaked, forks are bent, all the steering hardware is bent, the front rim is most likely damaged, the tank is damaged.
Find a high mileage FZ6R and spend the winter repairing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Alex6

Hope you heal up quick , but 2012 bike with no insurance?! :shakehead:

And the other guy's insurance will not pay a dime for the bike's repair/replacement - hitting from behind is always the the fault of the hitter.

CrazyCawi

wtf is wrong with people and not having insurance, yeah its cheaper but if you cant afford to pay for full coverage insurance on something brand new....dont buy it unless you have the money to buy two of em, so when you total the first you just go buy a second one.....and if your that well off youd value your $ and put full coverage on it in the first place. I had full coverage on a 1982 Seca....cmon man.....

Im sorry, Im glad your okay but DUDE I hope you learned your lesson with insurance. I just dont get it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Blackcat

Kudos to you Jlente!

Congrats on getting your baby back on the road and kudos for doing all the work yourself and getting it done for under a grand. That's pretty impressive.

I take it you've fully recovered from your injuries as well--yes?

Nice job on both counts. Thanks for the update and stay safe, my friend.