Wrecked my 09 FZ6R

CrazyCawi

Im glad you survived

bikerMommy

Why not go with a sport bike that is less aggressive in stance like another fz6r? Or a Ninja 1000, CB1000R, etc.
Maybe.. I was ready to move up to a more aggressive bike right before I wrecked my FZ6R and I guess that's the reason I haven't really considered another sport touring bike. I was also in the market for a stunt bike (one that I could beat up learning new stunts) before my accident, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to stunt again. Oh well, it was tons of fun while it lasted

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

tatty2012

Maybe.. I was ready to move up to a more aggressive bike right before I wrecked my FZ6R and I guess that's the reason I haven't really considered another sport touring bike. I was also in the market for a stunt bike (one that I could beat up learning new stunts) before my accident, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to stunt again. Oh well, it was tons of fun while it lasted
Have you considered trying to repair, just what is needed, and use the 6r as your stunter bike? If that's something you wanted to get back into...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DakinechicK

You are Incredible! I cannot even begin to tell you how shocked I am reading this and seeing the pics. So glad you made it through and in great spirits!!
I hope the guy whom you hit pays for this BIG time! I wish more people would be aware of motorbikes, but it goes with the territory I suppose.

Anyway, I'm glad you are getting better, even though it's a slow process. It is def better than the alternative you lucky girl!

I'll be keeping you in my prayers!!

bikerMommy

Have you considered trying to repair, just what is needed, and use the 6r as your stunter bike? If that's something you wanted to get back into...
I did think about that, and it's still definitely an option. It's guna be costly tho, new forks, tank, headers, etc. I was thinking it'll probably be cheaper to get a used R6. The biggest problem I had with stunting the 6R was getting it off the ground, it's heavy and I had it lowered to fit me better. I was able to wheelie and stoppie and bunny hop but it wasn't easy and I'm sure I could've made it look a lot more graceful with something lighter and not so close to the ground.

abyss1406

I did think about that, and it's still definitely an option. It's guna be costly tho, new forks, tank, headers, etc. I was thinking it'll probably be cheaper to get a used R6. The biggest problem I had with stunting the 6R was getting it off the ground, it's heavy and I had it lowered to fit me better. I was able to wheelie and stoppie and bunny hop but it wasn't easy and I'm sure I could've made it look a lot more graceful with something lighter and not so close to the ground.
Glad to hear you ok and still wanna ride, but Stunt Man o man :bow:

Awesomesauce

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Grumpy

Triumph Speed or Street Triple :D

Spunky99

I've been thinking either R1 or CBR1000RR but it really depends on how well my back heals. I crushed my T10, L1, and L4. So the aggressive seating position might force me to move on to a cruiser, in which case I wouldn't even know where to begin
I thought the same thing but as I lowered my clipons further and further my back hurt LESS.....strange but true. So now I'm in as aggressive a riding position as I was in on my race bike and feel very comfortable with zero back issues.

The old motor would be great in a shifter cart or a quad........

S

Schybrid

#1 what gear did you have on at time of accident ?

#2 have you considered not riding anymore ?

#3 will you be able to ride again, without being in pain from the back injuries? (did they fuse any vertebrae ? ) will you have same flexibility ?

#4 if you do get a bike, wouldnt you want to stay away from the bigger bikes 1000's etc, and stick to something a little more manageable, 6R again,etc ?

#5 do you have any kids, if so, keep them in mind during your whole thought process on this motorcycle thing (I , in no way, am trying to persuade you not to ride again, but just think of your family and friends, and add that into your equation)

#6 Have you considered maybe riding again, but just less frequent, or maybe on off peak traffic times, or open roads, vs cross-streets.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best and hope you have a long healthy life. I'm glad to see your more patient, as you stated. I'm older now myself,40, and have learned to respect things in life more, and family/friends. Lifes short, but be smaart & safe on your decisions.

OH, P.S. cute backbrace with the front headlights, never knew they made um like that, LOL.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BKP

Glad to hear you're coming back. You've got sand... Good on ya.

By the way, where in Georgia did this happen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2wheelie

Stay away from cruisers. The sitting position with legs forward will transfer every road uneveness to your back. Plus they're heavier. Any street/naked bike (inc 6r) with bar raizers will do the best for you.

Y

yellowfz

Man hate to see anyone crash and burn (old term, not that you actually burned), glad to see you will be okay.
Keep the front wheel up and your spirits will follow. :D

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

bikerMommy

#1 what gear did you have on at time of accident ?

#2 have you considered not riding anymore ?

#3 will you be able to ride again, without being in pain from the back injuries? (did they fuse any vertebrae ? ) will you have same flexibility ?

#4 if you do get a bike, wouldnt you want to stay away from the bigger bikes 1000's etc, and stick to something a little more manageable, 6R again,etc ?

#5 do you have any kids, if so, keep them in mind during your whole thought process on this motorcycle thing (I , in no way, am trying to persuade you not to ride again, but just think of your family and friends, and add that into your equation)

#6 Have you considered maybe riding again, but just less frequent, or maybe on off peak traffic times, or open roads, vs cross-streets.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best and hope you have a long healthy life. I'm glad to see your more patient, as you stated. I'm older now myself,40, and have learned to respect things in life more, and family/friends. Lifes short, but be smaart & safe on your decisions.

OH, P.S. cute backbrace with the front headlights, never knew they made um like that, LOL.
I had my icon helmet, icon jacket, icon gloves, jeans, and cowboy boots on at the time of the accident. I hit the back of the jeep and landed in it, so no road rash. I could've spared a gash to my right knee had I been wearing leathers (but I was on lunch break at work and found it a pain just to change into jeans).

I considered not riding for a split second, then came to my senses and realized it's a huge passion that I cannot leave behind.

I will be able to ride again, there will probably be pain but it'll be worth it. I'm in tons of therapy for the flexibility.

No, I wouldn't like to stay away from bigger bikes. I'm ready to move up. The bigger the better.

I have two children, I always put them first and think of them always. I want to teach them that even though life can become very tough, you shouldn't give up on your passion. Don't let fear keep you away from something you love.

You hit the nail on the head with that. I was riding every chance I got. Now when I am able to ride again, it will just be recreational. And not at rush hour.