worth

Root Down

I'm curious about that too. I'm guessing by the state of the market around 4-5K. They have dropped the price of the new ones to around 6K, I would expect that to have an impact. I paid about 8K out the door for mine last August before the price of sport bikes tanked. Has anyone recently bought a used 6R or sold one?

MikeN02

I'm curious about that too. I'm guessing by the state of the market around 4-5K. They have dropped the price of the new ones to around 6K, I would expect that to have an impact. I paid about 8K out the door for mine last August before the price of sport bikes tanked. Has anyone recently bought a used 6R or sold one?
Depends on your state and what month you're selling it in. It's getting closer to winter so bikes are going away but if you're selling it next spring you can expect better pricing.

Also, are you selling it locally or to a dealership?

TrueBlue

if i was to sell my fz6r what could i get for it
Looks on ebay and craigslist to see what prices FZ6R's are going for in your local area from other private sellers. Thats usually a good basis for what you can get in your area.

motomc2

I'd say around $4000...give or take. Unfortunately (IMHO) I..

don't think the demand for the bike is overwhelming as I've seen prices as low as $4895 or so for new. The "selling season" is just about over also.

JSP

Super Moderator
I didnt sell mine, but I totalled it ;) They gave me $5500. 09 with around 11k miles on it. Think I got lucky with as high as they valued it.

nashvillenobody

You can still find new ones for 4999... so I would ask 4500 knowing you would have to go down from there since a new one would have 0 miles and a full warranty. It will also affect your price depending on how many miles you have on it... good luck. I bought mine used at the beginning of summer with less then 300 miles for 4500 in spotless condition...

J.J.

Personally I think pricing is regional unless you are willing to travel or get it crated.
Where I live, bikes fly out of my friend's yammi dealership. The last two years his sales have been phenominal. You cannot find a FZ6R here or in the tri-state area for the prices advertised on ebay or used. There are some decent deals I have seen on used FZ6s & now the market is turning due to Fall/Winter approaching. Most folks store and wait til Spring unless you absolutely have to sell.
If you are somewhere you can ride year round price it as mentioned, craiglist, bike trader, ebay set to regional. I do not know how well bikes sell it your area but where I live they sell well, especially sub 6k bikes which I paid for mine.