With or without power commander?

varanman

Used the search engine and couldn't find answers. But here's my question:
If you have an after market exhaust (TBR) and ride the 6R for about a month without a power commander, will it effect the engine's life in the long run? I finally saved up enough to buy a power commander and should be getting it towards the end of this week. I noticed that when I start the engine it surges a little? I guess that's the word that I want to use. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

varanman

Thank you very much. I've added over 1,000-1,500 miles without the power commander. Thanks again that was very useful information.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
You should get one as soon as you can. You can run lean and cause some damage...

varanman

Absolutely. I already have a PC coming in the beginning of next week. I'm only concerned about it being too late.

Hellgate

Every Power Commander map I've seen for a Yamaha takes out more fuel than it adds. Yamaha has the maps fat and cleans it up the CAT. You're fine.

If you do get a PC, get a custom tune, your bike with thank you. :D

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

rjohnson5481

?????????????????????????????????:confused:
+1!
Lean optimum power? Not quite, lean meaning not enough fuel too much Oxygen. someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

CeeCeeFree

We have a dyno tuning shop located at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma California. Just picked up a 2011 FZ6R and a 2011 FZ8. We'll be custom mapping both of them with power commanders, will let you all know what sort of numbers we get. :)

varanman

This is the best visual explanation of what the commander does. This man is brilliant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZaCKyoMQVM]The Basics of a Power Commander - YouTube[/ame]

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member