Windscreens

Root Down

Does anyone have pictures of the Yamaha raised bubble windscreens or the Puig windshields installed on their bikes? I'm definitely interested in buying one but I have never seen one on the bike. I'm looking to move more air up and over while enhancing the look. So I'm curious if they do move more air and if the 30mm taller one looks out of place because its too large.

oyamyers

Check out the photo albums. Mine has a pick of the Yamaha one. I didn't notice much of a differance with the wind.

Bigevildoer

I've got the Yamaha Double Bubble... don't know if it enhances the "look" of the bike at all, but at highway speeds it makes a HUGE difference for me. I'm rather broad across the shoulders, so anything over 100km/h (60mph) I was getting heavy wind pressure. I put the double bubble on, and it reduces the pressure by a solid 50% or so. Don't know how people can ride those streetfighters at high speeds for long times - would get annoying really fast.

demon408

I've got the Yamaha Double Bubble... don't know if it enhances the "look" of the bike at all, but at highway speeds it makes a HUGE difference for me. I'm rather broad across the shoulders, so anything over 100km/h (60mph) I was getting heavy wind pressure. I put the double bubble on, and it reduces the pressure by a solid 50% or so. Don't know how people can ride those streetfighters at high speeds for long times - would get annoying really fast.
street fighter style isnt that bad. if you lean while goin 100+mph the wind feels like its takin away your body weight. not fun on the head and neck or to check ur blind spot feels like its going to rip your head off:D

Roaddawg

Do you have the clear one that's 1 inch taller? Because the tinted one is the same height (or smaller) than the stock one.

mbridge51

Does anyone have pictures of the Yamaha raised bubble windscreens or the Puig windshields installed on their bikes? I'm definitely interested in buying one but I have never seen one on the bike. I'm looking to move more air up and over while enhancing the look. So I'm curious if they do move more air and if the 30mm taller one looks out of place because its too large.

I have the clear Yamaha Raised bubble. It does make a difference at higher speeds, but I think the angle of the stock shield is more sporty.

Attachments

Root Down

Thank you much, exactly what I was looking for. It's not quite as sporty but I think it would be worth it. I might not have to clean the shield on my helmet every time I ride from the bugs.

btastarsky

I'm gonna try to get the smoked screen within the next couple of pays. Ill post pics once i get it if no one beats me to it.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Allan

Is anybody out there using the clear double bubble at all? Interested in knowning just how much protection in provides from wind buffetting.

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

I'm going to get some of the window tint R/C spray paint and paint my stock windshield. As long as I get even coverage, it should look like a nice smoked wind screen. I'll put up some pics after I get it done.
I used Krylon Fusion spray paint to give my windscreen a tinted look and it only cost me about $4. I can't see through it anymore but it did turn out real nice and looks 10x better on my bike.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

area

I used Krylon Fusion spray paint to give my windscreen a tinted look and it only cost me about $4. I can't see through it anymore but it did turn out real nice and looks 10x better on my bike.
is this available anywhere? Did you spray a couple coats or just one all around?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
is this available anywhere? Did you spray a couple coats or just one all around?
I picked up some Krylon Fusion black plastic paint at walmart and it turned out great. :wav:

Just do a few light coats to get an even and smooth application. If you go heavy all at once, it won't look right and could run or bubble.

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks GREAT! I may do something similar. Hard to tell (at least with my bad eyes), but what does the finish look like? Is there any orange peel or is it completely smooth? How did you prep the windscreen, or did you just spray?

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Looks GREAT! I may do something similar. Hard to tell (at least with my bad eyes), but what does the finish look like? Is there any orange peel or is it completely smooth? How did you prep the windscreen, or did you just spray?
I didn't do anything fancy with mine, just all black but to prep I removed screen from bike, taped the side that deflects the wind w/masking tape so paint doesnt leak there, and cleaned the side I was going to paint w/rubbing alcohol.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I washed with warm soapy water to clean both sides. Then I taped the front and lip that I didn't want to paint with blue painter's tape. Avoid getting fingerprints on the side you are painting. DO NOT sand it! Obviously, because it will show the swirl marks. Also, like mentioned, paint the inside of the windscreen, that way you don't have to touch it up every time a rock hits the screen.

It is a super smooth finish, no orange peel or running. Just wash and paint; it's that simple. :thumbup: