Wheelie

Detrich

How long have u been riding & stunting Mike? Very impressive :)

Jots S.R.M.C.

I love doing power wheelies on the fz6r.. the bike doesn't have a "Excess' ammount of power (Comparable to lets say a r1) so its not as dangerous.. alot of people will say they are more dangerous than clutch ups.. I remain neutral..

How to do it?? Speed up.. Get on the throttle up to 20 mph in 1st.. Let off allowing your rpms to come down then immediatly hit it hard..

It's a little tricky- When I first got my fz6r.. No matter how hard I cranked the engine it wasnt going more then a inch.. Its apsolutly surprising to know what this trick can do..

I go though all the gears.. havent really achieved a solid speed but then again my bike isnt set up for this -That doesn't mean it isnt possilbe- but when you own a 58 tooth Sproket stunt bike and you hop on a stock, low powered 600- Its a different game..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t0MIcPm61w&list=UU-7VSvjSkWNmAZuHH8ArHAg&index=16&feature=plcp]Yamaha FZ6r Wheelie- 1st 2nd and 3rd gear shift through - YouTube[/ame]

I also haven't really spent Any time in the lot (parking lot) on my stuntbike since i moved to my current location last year. A friend of mine died not to long ago.. older guy.. He told me to keep my front tire on the ground, was prolly the 3rd to last convo he had with me.. out of respect for him, my license and overall being a adult, rolemodel i'm keeping the wheelies off the main-roads.. I like my license and gotta grow up sometime

Spunky99

I rolled off the line in 1st gear this morning, hit second and rolled the throttle easy to about 4K and then WOT at 35 mph. At about 7K the front wheel was off the ground and I shut it down at 9.5K at 80 mph......too crazy fast.....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Spunky99

I'm getting to the point where I feel the front wheel skipping on power, without the Acc. Pump (Off for mapping)

Considering +1/-2... it's much better!
My problem is that when I feel the wheel skipping I also feel the brutal power of acceleration and at my age it's hard on the body.....58 tomorrow....

Y

yellowfz

Riding wheelies , when in Mexico , is fun and dangerous at the same time , guess that is why it is a rush to do .

Last edited by a moderator: