Wheelie

JSP

Super Moderator
Sure...

Done a few in first, a couple on accident, etc :D Not the full out ride out wheelies... but get it going in first and let off the throttle at high rpm and the hit it again hard. The front will lift. Dont try at home, etc, etc.

Funkmaxtor

Yea I hear you on the accidental wheelies. Today I was on a very long commute with a lot of luggage (backpack with clothes and other stuff to go to my hunting camp) on the back seat of my bike with a bungee net. I pull out at a red light and with all the extra weight on the back it was enough to get the front wheel in the air. I didn't realize that it was up off the ground for a second or two. Once I realized it was off I carried (less than a foot off the ground) for almost 300 feet.

That was the first time I ever carried a wheelie. If I bring it up I usually put it right down.

Be careful!

fz6rwolf

I've practiced a few, haven't really ridden one any distance, 20 feet maybe. Once got up around 3-4 feet and could have ridden that one aways but let it off. Never got an accidental.

Craxican

Pull up to about 35mph, roll off and full throttle it. You will go up. Also, if you pull up hard enough on the front you can get it up a lil higher and ride it just a bit further. So far i've gotten mine probably about 50 or so feet. I just my new sprockets (-1/+2) in yesterday and will hopefully have time to install tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how well they work for wheelies. Has anyone been able to do a successful stoppie though?

fz6rwolf

Pull up to about 35mph, roll off and full throttle it. You will go up. Also, if you pull up hard enough on the front you can get it up a lil higher and ride it just a bit further. So far i've gotten mine probably about 50 or so feet. I just my new sprockets (-1/+2) in yesterday and will hopefully have time to install tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how well they work for wheelies. Has anyone been able to do a successful stoppie though?

Hopefully never will, back tires shouldn't leave the ground LOL

arcflash316

hell ya I get a wheelie up everyday at least once, I feel that if you are comfortable enough to ride the bike to its full potential then do it! I never busted out a measuring tape to see how far I went but I can tell you once I got my TBR exhaust I noticed within a day that a wheelie seemed to be much more inevitable. I thought that wheelies were very unlikely on this bike(stock) but as I got power upgrades, it has become quite the little wheelie machine....:D

btastarsky

I've done 2 stoppies so far, neither were intentional. First time, a jackass who was trying to act cool for his girl pulled out in front of me with a 60 foot gap. I was going 45, so I grabbed hard on the brake and brought the rear wheel about a foot or so off the ground. Soon as I landed it (without wrecking) I got on the guys ass, screamed and gave him the finger. I think at this point my shirt/jacket came up and he saw my carry piece (not an intentional showing). As soon as I got done gyrating around, he let me pass so I could catch up to my buddy who had pulled very far away from me prior to the stoppie. Second time was when a stupid old lady decided to turn without signaling. Only got it up a couple inches tho. I'm not a stunt rider, and I definitely didn't enjoy either of these incidents. As for wheelies, I think I'm a bit too heavy for the bike to wheelie while in stock form. Perhaps after I get my arrow system and pc5. I'll try it once, then never again.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Craxican

I hear ya...i think ill need new front suspension to do a good one...not really all into stunt riding, but wondering what all the bike can do

cbzdel

with a +1 front sprocket I cant get it to lift above a few inches, and it goes up fast and seems to fall even faster hah!

fstrthan_uthink

I've actually done a few decent ones on mine, and it's completely stock. Having only a few bars on the fuel gauge seems to help, but otherwise just take off in first, accelerate, then let off and whack the throttle and it'll come up. I've actually had the bike up to the balance point. Haven't rode one out but it's fun to loft the front once in awhile lol.

arcflash316

yesterday I rode a wheelie across an intersection from a dead stop all the way at the balance point (for maybe 100 ft?) and noticed an R6 sitting in cross traffic and he was giving me a big thumbs up as I rode on by....

Stricken

I found a vid on youtube of someone doing very nice wheelies of our bikes!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADl2hDGN1OE]YouTube - Mikes FZ6R stuntin is a habbit[/ame]

JSP

Super Moderator
I've never been able to get up that high to the balance point. I guess having a 215 pound carcass don't help much eh? :D

Craxican

Wonder if anything's been done to the bike because he seemed to be hitting those FAST...I can get up high in first, only been able to get it up halfway in second...i'm thinking Hard-Core Clutch-ups....o how I need to learn better clutch ups:(...one day lol

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

mchury

this bike can do anything u want it to do stock trust me there is a video floating around here and other sites of me stunting and i have no mods whatsoever wheelies stoppies tank wheelies stand ups what ever your heart desires the fz6r can do it stock

stevoknevil

Sure...

Done a few in first, a couple on accident, etc :D Not the full out ride out wheelies... but get it going in first and let off the throttle at high rpm and the hit it again hard. The front will lift. Dont try at home, etc, etc.
First time I commuted to work on city streets I stalled out the bike on a light. Then started it, popped the clutch on accident and rode it up for half a block... almost crapped myself.