Wheel tape width

JustKatie

Hi everyone! I have been combing the search option trying to find what is the best width in wheel tape for our bike with no luck! So I have been viewing pictures of bikes on the forum that have wheel tape and it looks as if the 3/8 ( 9mm ) is the correct size but I would love some advice before I order it. Thanks in advance, Katie.

JSP

Super Moderator
9 or 10mm I have seen used. Lots of places its just universal and they do not even tell you the width.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Sage

The set I had on my bike for a while were 6mm

danieljardim

You sure those are only 5mm? They look about the same width as mine which are 10mm...
Being born in brazil and lived there for 25 years using metric system and going to school for mechanical engineering I can tell from the picture that is NOT 5mm. Could be the sun glare, but more likely china men were wrong in the package.

I bought for my bike a universal one for 7 backs. Was easy to install and I is about 8mm.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

bobski

This is a real simple and dumb question . . but what's the best way to clean the wheels before aplying the tape. Just plain old soapy water, sponge, rinse well?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member