wheel lights

elishatarvin

so i have been searching the internet for quite some time looking for what i want and no go yet. so i figured id ask the experts. i want a battery powered led light strip to put around my wheels (obviously cant have wired other wires the spinning tire would rip apart the wires). i have the yellow fz6r and want yellow led lights that light up around my wheels at night. i know its alittle fast and furious style but i think that would be sweet. any ideas?

lol bmw i just found those before looking at ur link. i cant believe all the searching and all the variations of led, lights, wheels, motorcycles searching that i did didnt bring those up until now. those would be perfect and cheap. im going to get the plain ole tireflys style in yellow. thanx guys. only 8 bux. cheapest thing so far

only thing i forgot to add, you might want to check local laws (if you are concerned). i know you said you were wanting to use yellow, but i do believe there is something against using red/blue lights, i dont know if yellow would be considered a distractions as well.

i know red/blue lights are illegal due to the fact that cop cars use them but i cant find anything on yellow or wheel lights

elisha> take & post some pix for us once u have it installed (day/ night) please... :)

Just be careful with the tireflys. I know that when Fast and Furious was first released, these things were very popular on cars. However, it seemed that they attracted sticky-fingered people. If you do get and install them, check your valve stems EVERY ride to make sure no one has stolen them.

well i went to walmart and target b/c the website said they sell them but i couldnt find them anywhere. i looked in the automotive, the general and the bicycle lighting just for the heck of it and nowhere. im gonna try autozone and pepboys tomorrow. i dont want to spend 7 dollars on shipping for them if i dont have to.

btw thats a very good point venguer. luckily though i usually dont get off my bike when i ride. its a recreational bike not a commuter for the most part. but if it happens it happens.

I know this thread's been dead for a while, but I figured I'd post this anyway. Those tirefly things are mostly ment for bicycles and little kids toys, not motorcycles. They don't look very good on big boy bikes :)

Here's a video of the kuryakyn ring of fire being installed on a goldwing, from what I can tell it is pretty similar to what OP was thinking.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IORvQLsBf0I]Kuryakyn Garage: Ring Of Fire Goldwing 1800 Episode_13 - YouTube[/ame]

My friend has leds on in wheels on his Busa..

like these

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eH0MMYzV1A]Metricfats.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

There made by Wheel Lighting Kits

I emailed them since they dont have our bikes listed, The "Power Puck" as they call it replaces the spacer on the rim. the install was somewhat easy on my friends busa.

Maybe if some more 6r's email them asking for our bikes they can make one for us.

EDIT: Added video of friends busa
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwBxisze8i4"]My Movie.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

@RonnieBlaze - Ok, that's pretty sweet! combined with a normal lighting kit, no one would miss you on the road at night.

Last edited:

Back