Whats you're most impressive race?

DocFZ

Its wierd, riding this bike I have so many more people trying to blow my fenders off than any other bike I've ridden. They usually end up losing their doors tho. Anyhow just wondering if anyone had some good racing stories.

I've had the usual 16 year olds in the hondas blah blah blah but so far the fastest thing I've raced was new Dodge Challenger. Not sure what was done to it but I know it had a full exhaust. This car was LOUD, but I ended up beating him, even with my -2 in the rear.

ry-mac75

I beat some dummy in an AMG mercedes off the line that thought they could squeeze me out of a lane that was ending. He was rolling forward waiting for the red to go green. When I see this, I roll my bike BACK - to give me more of a jump. The light turns, he pins it, but by the time he's getting into motion I'm by him and through to the next light. Take that $90k Kraut car.

porky45

earlier on before i did the sprocket swap. me and an M5 both on our way home from a days work. first 2 at the light...Gave her a little rev. light turned green and we were off... we stayed pretty damn close to each other for about a quarter mile with him leading (much better launch then me).

Don't really race much, the occasional car will take off quick i'll pass them then they'll rev at the next light and i'll obliterate them (ex: is300, civic,mazda 6, neon(not sr-t) mustang etc) but the M5 was probably the most memorable...it let me know that i'm not the fastest person on the street even with a bike.

P.S. If you look at quartermile times, the 6R is faster than an M5... I've never practiced launching or any of that fun drag stuff so i'm sure my 60' BLOWS

JonKerr

Elite Member

raven6

+1 to what Jon said... not to mention the fact that 99.9% of the time you're beating the driver and not the car... if you want to race, take it to the track and stop raising my insurance rates...

nashvillenobody

In the blue Roush Mustang coming off the line vs a Shelby GT500

AT THE TRACK!!!!

Spunky99

I play Moto GP 08..usually in the top 3 places. I leave the real racing for the track..not the street

DocFZ

Best thing I've done was let a dick head in a Mustang think I was going to race him, let him take off full speed, and let the motorcycle cop I saw sitting in the driveway ahead of us nail him. :D Street racing is not smart and gives us all a bad name. :spank:

Go ahead and blast me... I'm sure it's coming.
Im not saying racing as in doin 120 down the road full out, just off the line kinda stuff. Im not a dope lol

corwin06

any 4 wheel vehicle in my town will be slayn by this bike.
only like 4 rockets in my town. a newish gixxer a 93ish cbr 600 a fz6 and one more i cannot think of at the moment. all the rest are those suzuki harleys that are loud and annoying

Sage

I narrowly beat my friend in his audi TT, did get stuck in neutral though U_U

My bud on his GSXR600 went neck and neck with a ferarri in our town, that was just pure entertainment seeing them just race light to light

porky45

Best thing I've done was let a dick head in a Mustang think I was going to race him, let him take off full speed, and let the motorcycle cop I saw sitting in the driveway ahead of us nail him. :D Street racing is not smart and gives us all a bad name. :spank:

Go ahead and blast me... I'm sure it's coming.
no flaming or blasting... but you mean to tell me you've never cracked her all the way open an flown through first and second gear on the street? come on now...;)

JonKerr

Elite Member

porky45

Oh i have, plenty of times. Just not in anywhere in town and not racing a car or another bike. I'm sure you've been on Sunrise Highway. Lets just say that the long mile and a half flat straight can be a lot of fun. And those yellow suggested speed signs are doubled easily on most twisty back roads. But not racing cars who don't have a prayer from stop light to stop light where there could be kids riding their bikes, soccer moms on cell phones not paying attention, and not to mention the cops looking for that. There's a time and place to have your fun on these type of bikes. And anywhere that there's a stop light, isn't the right place IMO.
there's definitely a time and a place for everything, you don't "race" on residential streets, you don't "race" where there's cross streets and schools or houses and kids. I agree with all that. But if you want to open it up a little when its safe (don't tell me there are no safe places on the street) then i don't see the harm.. It's the idiots in their riced out civics that race light to light through school zones and through crowded downtown :banghead::banghead: that give everyone else a bad rap.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me and my "race"...it was basically a sprint to the speed limit.

Sage

I would agree almost always, as for the race i mentioned, it was around midnight when our city streets are dead and well past the curfew for minors. As for the cops there is always that chance.

lucasgentz20

There was this one guy on an yamaha r6 who turned from a stop and was a little bit ahead of me i caught up to him there was a nice open stop light just perfect setting i pulled up next to him wasn’t sure if he was going to race or not then he leaned over and. i knew it was on, that light turned green we flew i was able to beat him due to to our bikes low end power but thenn he was merging onto a highway and i think he knew he’d cook me and i wanted no part of that i would be toast, cause im pretty sure our bikes top speed is like 130 something r6 is like 160
the funny thing was, i was out riding with my mom and i saw the r6 so i couldnt waste this oppurtunity i had to ditch her she caught up a bit due to me at stop light she saw the whole thing and whooped my ass back at the house that shit hurtt lollllll