whats YOUR lid look like?

CrazyCawi

Thats a nice lid kevin!

I just have a GMAX GM68S in grey to match the frame/handle bar on the bike. 3 good things about this helmet, moves a lot of air, cheap, and has LEDs built in to the back of the helmet to make me more visible at night.

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

Pictures please?

CrazyCawi

Whats something like that cost?

I paid a little over 100, online you can find them for 100-200. Came with a clear and smoke screen, and a clear and smoke lens for the leds. The LEDs stay on solid, slow flash, or fast flash.

Parcho

I use the O'neal Tirade for when my wife is riding with me. This way we can still talk while riding. I have mirror, light smoke and clear visors for it. My wife has it in White.

I use the Scorpion EXO-1000 when riding solo most of the time. If it is really hot (love Florida), I'll wear the Tirade since it is much cooler temperature inside while waiting at stoplights.

CrazyCawi

Hows wind noise in the tirade?

Parcho

Wind noise isn't bad at all. Almost silent until over 45. Minimal whistling, but depends on direction of the wind. Closing some vents helps, but that has been my experience with most helmets. The speakers are nothing to write home about, but they do the job well enough for me to hear everything over the ambient noise.

As for calls, no one knows that I'm calling from my helmet. They just think I'm in the office or on a speaker phone. Just can't mute the darn thing. So when I whisper an expletive at a moron driver, it sometimes goes through my morning conference call haha.

My only complaint about the helmet is that it feels large compared to my EXO. But very comfortable.

HandmadeGumby

Hey i have a M2R XXX really good lid, light , wind noise not to bad (maybe because i have to wear earplugs due to exhaust) paid $380 in Australia, by the look of things i should of shipped one from America

Attachments

cloudfire

Lids for Reddish Copper

All great lids! I'll be getting a 2011 Reddish Copper FZ6R when I get done playing in the sandbox this summer. Has anyone seen a lid that would go with the new color scheme since it's not exactly red and not exactly orange?

I know, I know. I haven't introduced myself in the new member thread yet, but I can't really claim to be an actual new member till I get the bike, right? So, when I get done having fun in the sand and actually get the bike this summer, I'll properly introduce myself.

Last edited:

NoDoze

All great lids! I'll be getting a 2011 Reddish Copper FZ6R when I get done playing in the sandbox this summer. Has anyone seen a lid that would go with the new color scheme since it's not exactly red and not exactly orange?
Here's a few:
Scorpion EXO-700 / Predator

Icon Alliance Freaky Tiki

Icon Airframe Claymore Chrome

I know, I know. I haven't introduced myself in the new member thread yet, but I can't really claim to be an actual new member till I get the bike, right? So, when I get done having fun in the sand and actually get the bike this summer, I'll properly introduce myself.

Oh, introduce yourself all ready :D

Last edited:

TigerGenetics

My helmet. Looking to purchase a new one soon, probably a Shoei this time around. But this helmet is definitely comfortable for me. Icon Domain 2 Serpecant.

Roaddawg

Black. :cool: