whats YOUR lid look like?

NoDoze

Here's my helmet, HJC CL-15 Mutant:

HJC CL-15 Mutant
Technical Features:
  • Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology.
  • AccuSight™ Anti-fog Faceshield: Optically superior 3D design provides 95% UV protection and an anti-scratch coating.
  • RapidFire™ Shield Replacement System: Quick, secure, tool-less removal and installation.
  • 2-stage Shield Closure Mechanism: Compresses shield into the eye port gasket providing an extremely secure seal.
  • “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out.
  • Plush, Nylex® Interior: Removable and washable.

I went to the downtown Dainese store yesterday and saw a helmet I liked - the AGV K3 Bat Black Gunmetal. I really liked the fit and comfort, not to mention the quality.

AGV K3 Bat Black Gunmetal
Technical Features:
  • Fabrics - Dry-Lex with hygienic treatment
  • Inside Padding - Removable and washable (excluding neckroll)
  • Number of shell - 1 shell size
  • Retention system - Micro-metric adjustment buckle
  • Shell - Painted HIR-TH (high resistant thermoplastic) resin
  • Shield Mechanism - PVS: Perimetrical Visor Seal
  • Shield Mechanism - XQRS (Extra Quick Release System): shield replacement without tools in few seconds
  • Ventilation System - Dynamic system with air intakes and rear extractors
  • Visor - Clear, anti-scratch and anti-fog polycarbonate Street 8 visor

Last edited:

CtrlAltDl

This is just my street helmets.

Attachments

iSpoolin

I've got the plain jane Exo1000 in matte black w/ a silver mirror shield. Nothing special lol

Detrich

I currently have 3 lids, which I rotate between to save on wear & tear...

1. HJC Mutant in Blue (XS) - DOT/ SNELL
- My night-time helmet & got it close-out around $50.
- Very solid/ functional & decent cooling.
- Some wind noise, but vacuum-tight fit.
- Nice graphics.

2. HJC Scratch in Blue (XS) - DOT
- My day-time helmet & got it on-sale around $150.
- Very solid/ functional, comfortable, & decent cooling.
- Cool graphics.
- The retractable inner sun shield is simply "awesome."

3. AGV GP Tech in Rossi Continents (S) - DOT & ECE-2205
- My vanity helmet & got it close-out around $475 plus $30 for the dark shield.
- Extremely lightweight and high-quality.
- Very comfortable cheek pads, decent cooling, and did I mention feather light?
- Extremely LOUD wind noise.
- This helmet is basically a piece of artwork, and the pix don't do it justice.

CrazyCawi

Waiting for me to get off work...

Krytenx you have the helmet I WANTED to buy, cost to much money at the time I bought my helmet to be honest but I wanted it so bad. Please keep me up to date on wind noise with the bell star!

I currently have 3 lids, which I rotate between to save on wear & tear...

1. HJC Mutant in Blue (XS) - DOT/ SNELL
- My night-time helmet & got it close-out around $50.
- Very solid/ functional & decent cooling.
- Nice graphics.

2. HJC Scratch in Blue (XS) - DOT
- My day-time helmet & got it on-sale around $150.
- Very solid/ functional, comfortable, & decent cooling.
- Cool graphics.
- The retractable inner sun shield is simply "awesome."

3. AGV GP Tech in Rossi Continents (S) - DOT & ECE-2205
- My vanity helmet & got it close-out around $475 plus $30 for the dark shield.
- Extremely lightweight and high-quality.
- Very comfortable cheek pads, decent cooling, and did I mention feather light?
- Extremely LOUD wind noise.
- This helmet is basically a piece of artwork, and the pix don't do it justice.
I LOOOOVE YOUR AGV,,,anything Rossi is a piece of art, just like himself :)rolleyes: okay I thought it was funny)

Basic Black

I didnt know there was a brand out there called basic black :p But no seriously which helmet is it, and nice tshirt you have it paired with lolz

Here's my helmet, HJC CL-15 Mutant:

HJC CL-15 Mutant
Technical Features:
  • Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology.
  • AccuSight™ Anti-fog Faceshield: Optically superior 3D design provides 95% UV protection and an anti-scratch coating.
  • RapidFire™ Shield Replacement System: Quick, secure, tool-less removal and installation.
  • 2-stage Shield Closure Mechanism: Compresses shield into the eye port gasket providing an extremely secure seal.
  • “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out.
  • Plush, Nylex® Interior: Removable and washable.

I went to the downtown Dainese store yesterday and saw a helmet I liked - the AGV K3 Bat Black Gunmetal. I really liked the fit and comfort, not to mention the quality.

AGV K3 Bat Black Gunmetal
Technical Features:
  • Fabrics - Dry-Lex with hygienic treatment
  • Inside Padding - Removable and washable (excluding neckroll)
  • Number of shell - 1 shell size
  • Retention system - Micro-metric adjustment buckle
  • Shell - Painted HIR-TH (high resistant thermoplastic) resin
  • Shield Mechanism - PVS: Perimetrical Visor Seal
  • Shield Mechanism - XQRS (Extra Quick Release System): shield replacement without tools in few seconds
  • Ventilation System - Dynamic system with air intakes and rear extractors
  • Visor - Clear, anti-scratch and anti-fog polycarbonate Street 8 visor

The AGV is beautiful, and deffinately a fan of your HJC helmet, looks unique not like all the others on the rode

DakinechicK

Mine is a youth helmet as my head is so small, and those are the only ones that fit. But, it matches the bike teehee. Geez, I AM a girl. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cmikew2

Shark RSR2

Picked up this Shark RSR2 in Absolute Black about 8 months ago. It is super light, moves tons of air, and does it quietly(the two would seem to be counter intuitive). I also have a Scorpion EXO-400 which I feel the need to wear ear plugs with. I wear them with my Shark as well but I don't feel it's necessary. There is a pretty great review on youtube done by sportbiketrackgear.

CrazyCawi

Picked up this Shark RSR2 in Absolute Black about 8 months ago. It is super light, moves tons of air, and does it quietly(the two would seem to be counter intuitive). I also have a Scorpion EXO-400 which I feel the need to wear ear plugs with. I wear them with my Shark as well but I don't feel it's necessary. There is a pretty great review on youtube done by sportbiketrackgear.
whats the helmet cost? thanks :)

motoguy82

Bell Star Gobert Replica Helmet - 199 @ motorcyclecloseouts (but they raised the price to 249 now)

Icon Airframe Infernal - 185 from ebay

My head always has a pressure point on the forehead, so I had to modify the 2XL Icon in the front. The Bell XL fit fine. Bells have always fit my head better. I like both helmets, but I think the Icon is a little quieter.

Attachments

CDN6R

Here is my lid... I am old school and I have always liked and owned Bell Helmets, I guess it is from the old car racing I used to watch as a kid (Indy, Drag Racing ETC) kind of goes with my Yellow 6R. I have a new Yellow jacket commin too. Laurie

Attachments

CrazyCawi

Bell Star Gobert Replica Helmet - 199 @ motorcyclecloseouts (but they raised the price to 249 now)

Icon Airframe Infernal - 185 from ebay

My head always has a pressure point on the forehead, so I had to modify the 2XL Icon in the front. The Bell XL fit fine. Bells have always fit my head better. I like both helmets, but I think the Icon is a little quieter.
I love the graphics on your Gobert replica!!!