What's my bike worth? :)

Adroit

I'll have had my bike for 3 years coming up in August (also the time I'll have the bike paid off), and I've been toying with the idea of trying something new. Definitely not set in stone yet, I really don't have any reason other than wanting to see what else is out there (my fz6r has been fantastic), but I'd like to know is how much I could sell it for. I checked on KBB and it is saying for a 2009 fz6r in excellent condition is ~$4455, but the expected mileage is under 10k.. while mine is at nearly 30k atm. My bike is in excellent condition, bike has never been down.. is stored in the garage when at home and I've been on top of maintenance. Pretty minor mods: center stand, fender eliminator, new mirrors, and frame sliders. I've been looking on craigslist and cycle trader and not coming across any other bikes in similar condition/miles, so it's difficult to judge. Anyone have a guess as to what it might go for, or any way of finding out other than listing it high and lowering it down until there is some interest in it?

rhnatyk

Used motorcycle prices are very local in nature. You've done all the right things by checking comparables in CL and Cycle Trader and by using KBB. Because of the high miles, I'd reduce the KBB price by a few hundred dollars and expect to get around $4000 for it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

travisH3

wow you put more miles on your bike in a year than i put on my truck which is my daily driver lol. Im jealous but looks like your in california so you can prolly ride all year round where i lose 3-4 months with snow on the ground. good luck selling.

Adroit

wow you put more miles on your bike in a year than i put on my truck which is my daily driver lol. Im jealous but looks like your in california so you can prolly ride all year round where i lose 3-4 months with snow on the ground. good luck selling.
haha yeah my bike is my daily driver, and I ride it all year long :) Worst we get here is a little rain and temps drop to the mid 40s, neither of which convince me to take my car ;)

Also thanks for the estimates, that'll help me put together a rough budget to look around with :)

Bert-Aus

Don't forget the potential buyer is probably reading this forum

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

travisH3

I put 11,000 on my bike each of the last two years living outside Cincy.

Many trips out Brown County Indiana, a few trips to Fort Wayne, Indiana, and a few trips out 52 along the river and back on the KY 8 & 9... You just have to devote the time
unfortunately my truck is hooked to a utility trailer or 20k pound trailer for work 90% of the time so it keeps me from riding the bike. but if i could tow 20k pounds with my bike i would hahahah

latony007

you might be able to get 4k in orange county but im guessing a little less. When i was looking for a new cruiser a month ago there were SOO many bikes with low miles that i think the 30k will force you to come down some in the end. What are you looking at? Seems like the logical step up for this bike is the ninja 1k or the fz1 but people go all over the place.

floki

I picked up my 09 FZ6r completely stock with 4k miles for 4K. Just look on CL using statewidelist.com for what others list there FZ for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk