What type of cleaners are you guys using?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

bloodypulp

Someone recently turned me onto Honda Polish which IMO is a great polish. I have been using it exclusively lately with good results. Besides the Honda polish I use goo gone for tough wheel stains ect & use generic chain cleaner(whatever is on sale).

What types of cleaners do you use?
goo too and windex with cotton disp gloves. shiney mofo:thumbup:

JSP

Super Moderator
Simple Green works wonders.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

RoadTrip

Just like the car, occasional wax, and light baths in between, usually a series of damp towels with Motorex bike wash, then rinse towels, and dry towels. Meguiars Quik Wax spray is also a great between wax dressing for plastic and paint to keep bugs easier to remove, the silicone based polishes are another good method (e.g. the Honda Polish).

Occasionally I use treatments on the vinyl and plastics to keep them from aging as well. I don't obsess over minor paint chips and scratches on my machines, I consider them normal patina, I don't try to polish them out with compounds and what not, just keep them as clean as you can and enjoy driving and riding.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
The main reason why I don't use a "wax" is because of the residue that gets trapped between the fairing gaps.
Turtle Wax Ice is pretty sweet. Can go on anything.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

uses whatever chain cleaner is on sale as well, have used a variety of car wash products as well. I use an arisol window cleaner and lucas quick mist between washes to get the bugs off and shine it up.

06330i

I use the mothers quick detailer spray for inbetween washes, meguiars car wash for washes, dupont motorcycle degreaser for the chain and wheels, and chain wax for the chain. wd-40 works well on the wheels also.