What to do if you hate your Raven's stupid Japanese graphity cartoonish faring art

sti491

What to do if you don't like your Raven's Japanese graphity cartoonish faring art

Well, there are lot's of things you could do. My first practical solution consideration was to razor blade score the part of the factory vinyl I wanted to remove, heating it and remove it. But that would likely scratch the paint, and who knows how well the factory sticker would come off.... not to mention how the heck to get the razor cut perfect where you want it.

Had an epiphany after CF vinyl wrapping my under seat side pods. Just add black film over the part of the graphic that offended my delicate senses!

So I bought a roll from Amazon for $9.99. Also bought some knifeless vinyl tape, because trying to cut a piece perfectly was going to be near impossible.

I am really impressed with the results. I think the bike looks way better, which is all that matters. The close up pics make it look like it's obvious where the top of the new vinyl edge is. Trick of the iPhone camera. Looking at the bike in person it looks no different than the factory vinyl. Maybe even a bit better. The benefit of doing it this way is it's totally reversible if you don't like it, or you make a mistake.

I am now done with my Fizzr. Time to ride her now more than working on it, and start on my shop man cave and lift install!

Attachments

Last edited:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

sti491

Thanks for sharing that. If you notice my TechSpec pads are custom made also... actually I made the template that TechSpec used. I wanted my pad lower on the plastic part too, which is actually where my knees hit.

I thought about doing what he did to cover all the tank graphics, but I thought with mine larger on the bottom it would maybe be just too big. Nice to see an example.

Reminds me of what Kevin8198 did for the 2009 white tank graphics years ago. https://www.600cc.org/forum/threads/22013-White-FZ6R-tank-graphics-template