What should I use on my plastics?

KillaCoDe

Was wondering when cleaning the bike what kind of protection or cleaner should I use for the plastics on the bike? I have heard pledge? Lol Just wanted to make sure

JSP

Super Moderator
I use the turtle wax ice stuff. Can use on pretty much the whole bike. Simple green works great for the greasy stuff.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator

Pinarello Rider

Was wondering when cleaning the bike what kind of protection or cleaner should I use for the plastics on the bike? I have heard pledge? Lol Just wanted to make sure
I was wondering the same thing. I used a regular wax on the painted plastic - the fairings, front fender and rear fenders. I was wondering about the black parts - is that a paint or a plastic coating? Another odd material are the mirror mounts and stalks - they look like the kind of black plastic that you would find on a car that will turn white with wax. I don't want to leave bug guts on those things because the acids of decaying bugs likes to destroy finishes. I'm using a non-ammonia window cleaner, but that doesn't protect.

Any thoughts?

Riccochet

Eagle One Nano Wax on the entire bike. From windscreen to tail light. One microfiber to apply, one to buff off. It's 100% carnuba so it won't leave a residue on the textured plastic. Awesome shine, excellent beading of water and takes bugs off.

RoadTrip

Wax on the painted fairings, Pledge wipes on the rims, and Plexus on the plastics and windshield, vinyl treatments also work on the black plastics, careful on the saddle, it can become slippery if treated. I use a Silicone impregnated cloth to clean metal parts (not the footpegs of course), and nothing on the exhuast can (it will stain).