What did you do to your bike today?

dnielson45

Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Well we had rain these past few days and I had to work. With no car and no one able to take me at 4am, I had to ride in the rain. : ( I went to clean my chain today and relube it up only to find it has rust on it. And I don't have the money needed to replace the chain. Hopefully It'll last me till April when I get my bigger paycheck... I figured since the chain is getting replaced, I'll change the sprockets. Going to go +1/+0, just to even out the speedo. The cleaner got a good amount of that rust off but still... Rust = bad. And I hit over 5k miles on her as well.

Riccochet

Well we had rain these past few days and I had to work. With no car and no one able to take me at 4am, I had to ride in the rain. : ( I went to clean my chain today and relube it up only to find it has rust on it. And I don't have the money needed to replace the chain. Hopefully It'll last me till April when I get my bigger paycheck... I figured since the chain is getting replaced, I'll change the sprockets. Going to go +1/+0, just to even out the speedo. The cleaner got a good amount of that rust off but still... Rust = bad. And I hit over 5k miles on her as well.
I wouldn't worry about surface rust. You can use a light oil, like Remoil, and some 0000 steel wool to clean it up. My dirt bike and quad chains get surface rust all the time.

tanoz

Well ended up buying some stuff. Waiting on it to ship to me.

Got some zx6r mirrors and an original yamaha bubble windscreen. Picked the screen up for $60 shipped and its brand new! Guy ordered the wrong part and Yamaha wouldn't refund him so its a win for me :) Rarely do you see fz6r parts from random people on ebay here. :D:D

Idiosynocracy

I went to get the mail today out of the box and looked at my bike only to see that her rear tire was flat. : (

Attachments

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Ordered me a set of Michelin Pilot Power 3s. Got a great deal on them. Only about 260 bucks including taxes and free shipping. Yay for Bikebandit.com!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

photoman002

Today we had some high 40's in Chicago, so I finished my air duct light project. Turned out better than I expected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

photoman002

They are hooked into the turn signals. Never realized how restrictive the protons are for forward visibility. Hopefully these help! Install was indeed super easy, minimal time required. Only snag I had was stripping the super thin wires on the led I actually tore the wire further up and broke the circuit. Had to rework the connection but all is good now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

RyanChristenson

I was disparate and went for a quick ride even though it was only about 36 out. Other than being little chilly was good to get out. The bike did smell a little funny after. Maybe it was just from sitting for a while. Smelled little like just when I got her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NUISANCE

I picked up my new chain guard, one from a XJ I had shipped over, from my powder coater and installed it on my bike. Now I have a nice shiny gloss black chain guard. Way batter than the stock piece :)

Idiosynocracy

I picked up my new chain guard, one from a XJ I had shipped over, from my powder coater and installed it on my bike. Now I have a nice shiny gloss black chain guard. Way batter than the stock piece :)
Let's see some peek-tures!

Grumpy

Took her out as soon as I got home from work yesterday! :Sport: First time out in several months and she didn't miss a beat. Had a big smile on my face the whole time. :D

Now we are expected to get another 3 to 7 inches of snow on Wednesday :mad:

Just got my bike back on Monday and was I giddy! :wav: Tell you what, after having the chain replaced w/an O-ring chain and Valve adjustment this bike is riding like I rode it off the lot. Riding the Harley is nice, just not what the 6'er can do. I had installed the T-Rex Frame Sliders and was I nervous messing with the bolts that held up the motor. Only down side to them is they are pretty heavy brackets that the sliders mount to. I'd say an additional 3 lbs, they feel way more secure though. It was unfortunate to miss the ride up w/Lantony and the others, I try my best not to disappoint others. Now I'm waiting for a nice sheet of black gloss vinyl to cover the abrasion on the right side. I plan on doing it to both sides covering the gray design that is apart of the decal, just so it looks even. Should look like this, only better than my crappy Photoshop skills.

Attachments