What did you do to your bike today?

latony007

ok i didn't do anything to it, just the ride to work....but man was it cold after two days of rain....and i ride through barona which is about 7 or 8 degrees colder....and people say it doesn't get cold in southern California
Ouch, low was 50 last night at my house and that was cold. Are you by the beach? I don't know where barona is.

Zoë

Rear fairing reflective white tape.

Last weekend measured, trimmed and applied white rear fairing reflective white tape. Odd shape but covered entire surface, ordered 5" x ~18" piece. The guys haven't noticed until we are on the road.
I also applied 1/2" red reflective onto the red chassis bars. Could have used 3/4" in hindsight.
The reflective tape is subtle, great when taking a turn.

Ordered off this site:
Streetglo's Motorcycle Graphics Kit for Honda Harley Davidson Yamaha and Suzuki

Sage

Lost a cylinder and waiting on a day i can easily take it 3 hours to the dealer

BoneJj

Last weekend measured, trimmed and applied white rear fairing reflective white tape. Odd shape but covered entire surface, ordered 5" x ~18" piece. The guys haven't noticed until we are on the road.
I also applied 1/2" red reflective onto the red chassis bars. Could have used 3/4" in hindsight.
The reflective tape is subtle, great when taking a turn.

Ordered off this site:
Streetglo's Motorcycle Graphics Kit for Honda Harley Davidson Yamaha and Suzuki
I like those but idk.... seems a little ricey...

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

alright finally fnished my FE kit and extra lighting on Friday. Aside from the seat I think I am done for a while. well I have them labeled right on the message here but its not showing up the same on the message.

From Front with signal off
IMAG0147.jpg

From Front with Signal on
IMAG0147.jpg

Rear with Signal Off
IMAG0143.jpg

Rear with Signal on
IMAG0144.jpg

Attachments

BoneJj

Are those red facing forward? You might want to check state laws on that one.

Most states only allow amber facing forward and red to the rear with the exception of turn signals.

latony007

Are those red facing forward? You might want to check state laws on that one.

Most states only allow amber facing forward and red to the rear with the exception of turn signals.
yea they are. I will check it, but we don't have inspections here or anything. I see guys with colored accent lights a lot, would it be different if they were say blue or green and not red/amber? I think it looks cool but did place them in such a way I can remove them in about 30 seconds cause I was undecided on them.

BoneJj

yea they are. I will check it, but we don't have inspections here or anything. I see guys with colored accent lights a lot, would it be different if they were say blue or green and not red/amber? I think it looks cool but did place them in such a way I can remove them in about 30 seconds cause I was undecided on them.
Most states you can not have any kind of Blue or Red lights other than markers as they are considered emergency colors. (red being used on the rear of the bike for running lights or brake lights are acceptable).

The other thing is that you need to check the laws considering underglow lighting. that is where the effects of the light are seen on the road while riding and not the lights themselves. granted each state has their own laws about them but generally certain things ring true in all states.

Namely Amber/White lights okay to the front and Red/Amber is okay to the rear. Though the circumstances of each will be different in a lot of cases.

If you wish to have underglow lights then you will have to do the research on that one yourself. Some states they are illegal but cops don't do anything about it until they want to be jerks or want a reason to pull you over. Don't give them a reason to pull you over....

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

BoneJj

PA allows any color that makes the bike more visible including red and blue. They just can't flash. It's been in effect for a while here, but not everyone knows it including some cops. My angel eye is blue and I wasn't sure how they'd react, but haven't had any problems.
That's probably one of like 2 states that do but latony007 lives in Ca. So it's likely that they have the most *** backward laws about lights on cars seeing as they just banned lead bullets for hunting in that state, retarded. If you want to live in a state with an assortment of stupid and ridiculous laws, move to Cali, or any common wealth, lol. They are all just as dumb. Cali is it's own special brand of stupid however.

latony007

That's probably one of like 2 states that do but latony007 lives in Ca. So it's likely that they have the most *** backward laws about lights on cars seeing as they just banned lead bullets for hunting in that state, retarded. If you want to live in a state with an assortment of stupid and ridiculous laws, move to Cali, or any common wealth, lol. They are all just as dumb. Cali is it's own special brand of stupid however.
i would totally take offense to all your comments about California... but they are true LOL. I have said this before that this is the best state for everything a person could want to do... with the worst state government a person could want to see. Most stringent laws of pretty much any state (most of which are designed to simply collect money), he has a point. However go figure that Ca is i believe the only state you dont need a motorcycle license to drive a can am and is the only state that allows you to lane split on a motorcycle which is *** backwards. However as much as they try their best to screw up living here they don't suceed. I have been to the snow and the beach in the same day and I still have literally endless miles of open road and It was 70 on my way home tonight :D

Motomama

i would However as much as they try their best to screw up living here they don't suceed. I have been to the snow and the beach in the same day and I still have literally endless miles of open road and It was 70 on my way home tonight :D

100% agreed! I grew up in So. Cal and loved it. Snow and the beach in the same day.

Been in No. Cal for the last 15 years, and loving it too. The roads for riding up here are beautiful and endless. 15 minutes and I m in the in mountain enjoying some nice twities.

It was extremely warm yesterday, around 75. After I came home from a short bride. Needed to scrub the new rear Pilot Power 3. My husband and I were outside around 7 pm washing and doing maintenance on our motorcycles.

I guess like everything, you got to take the not so wonderful with the rest of AWSEOME things that comes along with wherever you live.

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3

Idiosynocracy

Yeah but being able to lane-split and filter makes it worth it. lol

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

lwclancers

Oil change, waxed chain, and likely final season ride. And, for the first time ever stopped for some scenic pics. I now have something worth submitting for bike of the month :) Although I took like 60 pics playing with the phone pic settings haha.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments