What did you do to your bike today?

VRIIClubby

I dont think there is any difference between the 9-12. It's the 13 and up with the new tach. And it's called grillin. Cause im hood. Dawg. Im so white it hurts :'(

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

here is the 2013 instrument cluster

daddyrack

Premium Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

ylwf3vr

Rode it in the rain for the first time since FE kit.. Back got soaked lol

Bert-Aus

:cheer:Finally washed and polished my Rocket Ride yesterday, melting away all the dead bugs from PI :hug:

Tonight, installed fresh crash bobbins on my Rocket Ricer:cheer:
Got all the fairings back on, wipe her down, double bubble screen installed:cheer:
Track day booked for the 23rd of November:rockon:
Shit is gonna be good:D:D:D

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

What do you guys wash with? Just water and dish soap??
that's pretty much what I do. Except I always give it some spray wax after I dry her off :D

latony007

So I had an interesting conversation this morning with another rider. Possibly recruiting a new FZ rider. I finally got out for a ride. I havent ridden since i got home from our Utah trip a few weeks ago and haven been in the canyons for over a month. Felt so good to get out there. I took it relatively easy. Turns out theyve recently repaved a large amount of hwy94 recently. Ended up behind a guy out there who ive seen before. He's pretty quick. But i was able to catch him and ended up right behind him most of the way out and actually was being held up just a bit. (he's on a CBR1000RR and I could see he kept looking in his mirrors to see if I was still there ;) ) He split off and went a little side road. I went on and stopped at the usual Chevron station at Cameron Corners. He got there a little later and came up to me. He looked at my bike and started saying he's shocked that this bike was keeping up. Without trying to sound like an arrogant DB i kind of mentioned that i was just kind of taking it easy because it'd been 5 weeks since I've been in the canyons and I wasnt too sure about some of the new blacktop they just laid. He was very surprised and said he's been looking for a bike thats more street oriented but didnt want to lose too much performance and that he may have to look into it. I told him to make sure to look into the FZ09 too. So we may have another SD guy on here or over on the 09 forum soon.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I ran into a guy at the rock store on Sunday that had an fz-09. His main comment was that it was ridiculously fast. It looked smaller to me that I thought, I think it looked smaller than the FZ6R which I thought odd, have to check the wheel base specs the 6R just looked longer. Its a sweet bike to be sure but no where near as pretty as the 6R. They just need to stick that engine in our bike.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

What do you guys wash with? Just water and dish soap??
That's not a very good idea. The problem is that dish soap will strip everything off of the paint, so any left over waxes or anything else. It has it's good points as it is good to clean off some of that stuff from time to time.

But you don't want to clean everything off the bike all the time. I have seen some bikes that have had problems with corrosion as a result of years of dish soap use. It really does strip off everything from the bike.

It's better IMO to use regular car wash soap that you can buy by the quart that will last you a good year for a bike. Half a cap of normal car soap is normally plenty and then some. hell, I barely use a 1/4 cap to wash my bike, and that's when I want to do a complete wash. Sometimes I do it twice just to be sure I got all... lol.

Typically though I only really wash the bike when it gets really bad. Most of the time I just use meguiers quick detailer. That seems to do the best for me when just cleaning off some of the bugs and the road smudge that comes up and hits the lower front fairings.

Sascha

Went for a ride to school in the rain. Was actually really fun this bike. Handles way better in the rain than I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

latony007

finished my FE kit finally. Added some extra turn signal strips kind of under the passenger seat area. Im kind of undecided on them right now. Let me know what you think.

thanks

Attachments

Bert-Aus

finished my FE kit finally. Added some extra turn signal strips kind of under the passenger seat area. Im kind of undecided on them right now. Let me know what you think.

thanks
Could be a bit disco, disco

but if it makes you more visible then it is good,

my recent led's install flash with enthusiasm too

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member