What did you do to your bike today?

Maadi

Yesterday: We went for a ride and then some more practicing at the old naval air base. I had a break through on doing the figure 8 in the box - not doing the proper figure 8 yet, but was able to do u-turns confidently staying inside the smallest box! I had this problem where I was trying too hard and screwed up my body into a pretzel while desperately trying to turn the bike (didn't work too well). The key was.... (so annoyingly simple) = look where you're going! I THOUGHT I was looking in the correct direction, until I had Kris stand outside the box and tell me to look at him when turning. What a big difference...

Bert-Aus

Yesterday: We went for a ride and then some more practicing at the old naval air base. I had a break through on doing the figure 8 in the box - not doing the proper figure 8 yet, but was able to do u-turns confidently staying inside the smallest box! I had this problem where I was trying too hard and screwed up my body into a pretzel while desperately trying to turn the bike (didn't work too well). The key was.... (so annoyingly simple) = look where you're going! I THOUGHT I was looking in the correct direction, until I had Kris stand outside the box and tell me to look at him when turning. What a big difference...
Isn't it funny how you look at the ground and BAM you go towards the ground!
I really enjoyed learning those tight figure 8's (it took me a long time)
Not about others but i find slipping the opposite side butt cheek off and riding the rear break, helps so much towards my snail-speed balance

Congrats BTW on getting better at them!

priotiynapkin

went on a sort of double-date-2up-ride to Julian and back. very fun, but it's too hot out!

ALSO I was stung by a bee on my back on the ride home. that sucked!
-Ben

Last edited:

Detrich

That gas tank lid is sick... How do u move the OEM lock into it though?

fcukinky

That gas tank lid is sick... How do u move the OEM lock into it though?
Hey Detrich,

I am not using the stock lock anymore, One of the main reasons why I changed because I got sick of using the key. So anyone can open it without a key, but lets face it, its got $15 worth of Gas in it don't see anyone trying to steal my fuel..

Detrich

Ah, you live in Aussie. :)

Well, in the USA, we not only wouldn't be able to trust someone stealing our gas, but we would also have to worry about stupid assholes vandalizing our vehicles.

To us- the riders- it's life or death if your engine were to seize up. But to stupid punk teenagers with no morals, it's funny to them to see someone crash for dumping soda, piss, or chewing gum in ur tank if they can do it and get away with it.

It's so sad, but this is America for u... :(

priotiynapkin

changed my spark plugs yesterday! (9k miles, a little late) took like 3 hours but I am not a mechanic and I wanted to get it done right. roaddawg's guide was a huge help

there's a pic comparing the old and new plugs :)

-Ben

Kayo7

Starting my Cam Swap today. :D I really should say that my buddy is starting my Cam Swap since he's home right now from the military and I have to work. But I will be going over afterwards to help out.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ajones70

Tried to do oil change for 1,000km first service but we cant get the darn oul bolt off! Its on there crazy tight and my husband cant budge it. Sooo going to go to dealer tomorrowand ask them to slacken it slightly. If they wont Im screwed and will have no choice but to pay the $360 for the first service a:mad::mad: super :mad:

Is anyone elses been this tight you cant move it at all??

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ajones70

Righty tighty, lefty loosy! LoL turjing CCW? Might be a bit sticky but should come out... heat it ip a bit with a hair dryer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
CCW? Whats that stand for? And yes lol he was lefty loosy!! Its more than sticky...its like the damn thing is welded on!!

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member