What did you do to your bike today?

ajones70

Yup. Very simple. I was going to make a how to but figured there was one on here somewhere. I made a how-to for a Powerlet handlebar outlet that no one has taken advantage of yet so decided not to waste the time. Maybe the fellow members didn't like my in-depth how-to...:(
There's a couple youtube videos that you might find helpful.
motodynamics integrated turnsignals brakelight install for fz6r - YouTube
FZ6R fender eliminator and tail light install - YouTube

I returned the DMP taillight(which I had gotten first) because it wasn't compatible with the bike. It claimed to be plug and play but it wasn't and I wanted a clean install. I ordered it through my dealer and had to return it to them but long story short they have to redesign the wiring harness....so be safe and don't buy the DMP integrated tail light.

But you and I aren't the only ones waiting haha:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f33/led-integrated-sequential-tail-light-29946/
Yea the motodynamics one is the one Im going to get..i was hoping it was just you and me waiting but deep down I knew it wasnt :(
Oh well hopefully they get more than just 2 in stock soon! Lmao
Thanks for the links. I was going to look and see but you saved me one job at least!!

ajones70

Good wipe down and prep for next week of riding to work. I actually can't wait to go to work just to ride.

Sent while running with scissors.
Yea me too!! Supposed to be glorious and sunny here again this wk so fingers and toes crossed!!

priotiynapkin

took the reeeeally long way to school this morning. went on a ride through rancho and del dios with Sascha, another member on the forum (met him outside my work parked next to my bike the other day) . twisties definitely beat the freeway. I have a new favorite route to my school now!

-Ben

2013 Fz6r satin

took the reeeeally long way to school this morning. went on a ride through rancho and del dios with Sascha, another member on the forum (met him outside my work parked next to my bike the other day) . twisties definitely beat the freeway. I have a new favorite route to my school now!

-Ben
awesome...

Grumpy

Had a new clutch cable installed so she is nice and light again WOOT! Cleaned her up so she is nice and shiny, then road to work today. So I guess that what I did to the bike the last couple of days. :D

bmw675

Maintenance day: oil, brake fluid, and clean calipers.

Now I just need to learn how to repair fiberglass, thanks to a Ducati rider. :mad:

BoneJj

Maintenance day: oil, brake fluid, and clean calipers.

Now I just need to learn how to repair fiberglass, thanks to a Ducati rider. :mad:
Fiberglass repair isn't that bad, mostly just an annoyance. It's a time consuming job though. One trick that I have used in the past is to use zip ties for large cracks to hold the crack together right and then use fresh glass and resin to resecure a couple areas then go back with a dremel or grinder and eat away an area to make it easier to lay down new material, essentially eat out a large V cut along the crack and then start filling with glass and resin, it helps to make it kind of like a stitching across the affected area. Once you have overfilled the area then you have to go back and sand it down nicely. I like to start off with my orbital with some rather rough grit and then work down to hand sanding, fix any open areas with a little more resin.

remove the zip ties, fill holes with resin and fine glass material then come back and sand down the big patches used to keep the spacing from when you started out. It works out pretty good in the end but it is a royal pain in the butt to start off with.

how big is your crack?

bmw675

how big is your crack?
It's cracked going down the side a few inches, and of course, the hole in the back. His clip on and lever is what got me there. I didn't even know he hit the bike at first, I just felt his front tire hit me in the leg. His response, "I thought you seen me." :facepalm:

[/IMG]

Detrich

:( how much does a new tail cost? maybe not too expensive?

BoneJj

It's cracked going down the side a few inches, and of course, the hole in the back. His clip on and lever is what got me there. I didn't even know he hit the bike at first, I just felt his front tire hit me in the leg. His response, "I thought you seen me." :facepalm:

How the hell are you to see him when he's behind you? What a moron!!!

But yeah, that is going to be a pain in the butt to fix. you will need to do wide V cut into the crack and then the corner is just going to be an utter pain in the butt to fill.

Basically for both you will take normal fiber glass sheets and pull the strands out and cut them into about 1/2 inch fibers, mix with resin and start filling in. The key will be to force the fibers in with resin but trying to keep the amount of resin to the point that it only fills the gaps between the glass fibers. Also along that crack you will want to cut essentially stitch line so that you can fill those with resin and mash fibers into them so it will help build the strength back. Another approach is to just cut a path along that section that is cracked about 1/2 inch wide so that you can just lay sheets of glass in there that are 1/2 inch wide. That would be strongest fix so that it doesn't crack again.

The whole in the back is just going to need basically an over fill and then sand it down by hand until it matches the other side. when you are using heavier sand paper and you think you might be getting close then it's time to switch to say a 600 grit, from something like a 280. That way you wont take out too much material. Just keep in mind it's always easier to take tiny amounts off than put more back in. I would finish it with about 800 before you paint. 1000 would give you too much of a polish and would make it harder to get paint to stick. 600 IMO is a little too rough for a primer surface.

bmw675

That seems like alot of work, for an "inexpensive" piece. A new one is around $200 plus painting; or just pay $300 for a CF piece. :rolleyes: I'll ride it as is for the last weekend of the year, this month, and go from there.

You would think I had checked up or something for this to happen, but in reality it was coming off of a right handed dog leg on the throttle. He just washed up, and tried to cover his ***. On the bright side, he broke his clutch lever. ;)

I was just glad I kept it up, although I was puckered in that corner the rest of the weekend.

Idiosynocracy

[/IMG]
I would have murdered him for damaging A Daytona! Where is this bastard that did this to you!? I SWEAR TO ALMIGHTY ODIN TO HUNT THIS WRETCH DOWN!

bmw675

DevlDog

Hit 8000 miles on the odometer this morning on my way to school :) it had around 7.5-7.6k on it when I bought it. Only been riding for a few weeks :D

Idiosynocracy