What did you do to your bike today?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

IDK man socal has a virus where 80% of guys become bro's or gangster rapers. im sure we are top two in idiots if not the first
This... this is so true.

Idiosynocracy

Rode her to work and back... got home and started researching chain/sprocket combos. The search function is a marvelous thing for these forums. lol
Can't decide if I'd want more low end or sacrifice some torque and get some more higher end. But I kinda don't mind stock settings... Decisions decisions. And if I do change the sprockets, I'd have to recalibrate the speedo... Hope I can find a better job so I can do these things in the future. : )

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BoneJj

Unfortunately yeah... That is what led me to wait... For the same coverages I have on the 6R (FULL Coverages and LOW deductibles) the Ninja 1000 would be $68/month.
I currently pay $29/month on the 6R.
Wanting to get the FJR1300A would be $40/month.
If I were to go for the Concours or the FZ1 it would be only $41/month..

I figured I could have 2 bikes (my 6R for commuting 50 miles each way) and then maybe the FJR for touring with wife for the same cost basically as the Ninja 1000. It was a hard decision I am still wrestling with, but I think 2 bikes for the price of 1 when the 2nd bike would be all in same performance league really was the better deal for me!
call different insurance companies. I was able to get mine down to just about 35 a month by switching all my insurances to a new company not too long ago. Sometimes you just need to switch to a different company and your rates drop like wildfire. I now switch about every 2-3 years and get my rates down even more each time I switch.

It's stupid that you have to do that but I'm not going to blow my money on insurance all the time.

BoneJj

It has the word "ninja", that alone raises rates.
A lot of insurance companies classed it as more of a sport bike in the beginning but they are starting to realize that those that are buying it are more of the sport touring type of people and that's been helping the rates to go down to reasonable.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Deathdiesel

Had an interesting ride yesterday. It was one of my best rides yet, until the second half.

Was going on my only decent twisty road getting some speed and finally touched my toes down on both sides, didnt even try to, just felt asphalt on my boots lol. Never done that before so I was all giddy and happy, until i finished the road, and was on my way home when it instantly started to pour rain. Got stuck behind traffic, and had 4 cars pull out in front of me, didnt even see me. Got completely and utterly drenched, even went under cover to wait it out, soon as it lightened up it got heavier as soon as i pulled out.

So good but bad ride.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ArmyFZ6R

Just PM Jman with my order for the LuiMoto seat cover. Im officially a mode whore:eek:. My wife is going to kill me.:spank:

BKP

Looks *very* tight... Great job, man...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk HD

Brock Kickass

A member of my local forum offered up his shop and expertise and did a suspension setup day. I got my bike as dialed in as it will get until I get R1 forks and an Ohlins shock, and then tested it over 75 or so miles of twisties. Great day all in all.