What did you do to your bike today?

JonKerr

Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

pjmac5

I hate to say it, but if you're doing a salvage with a color change, to boot? That deserves it's own thread. I don't believe anyone here has done it, yet.

You need a build thread that we can all watch and comment on! Under either "Technical" or "Garage," I would think.

Looks good so far. I've so many darn questions that this thread is not intended for... You need your own thread. :D
Is there anyway to move my post to a new thread under GARAGE or do I need to recreate the post?

pjmac5

Agreed. My first question is... where did you find that tank? I've never seen one for the FZ6R with "YAMAHA" painted on it.

As for what I did to my 6R today, I removed all the stock decals from the front and side fairings, other than the "YAMAHA" ones down low, then went for my first ride of the year at 35 degrees. A short one, to be sure, but it felt great to get back on her.

Then I came back and cleaned and lubed the chain. Now she's ready to go anywhere once the weather cooperates.

That Tank is the original white Tank. After I fixed the dents, I painted it Blue. The YAMAHA is a decal which is cleared onto the tank. I really wanted a little Retro touch. Not a big fan of the Emblem.

b_who

Putting new shoes on her for our 1st track day ;)

b_who

Looked at her and regret being an idiot! Might not get to ride for a while. After finding out some really bad news today I slammed my hand down on my desk and may possibly have injured my throttle hand. Gonna grab one of the ortho docs at work tomorrow and see if they can X-ray it. :mad:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Am sorry to hear that Jon :(

Hope ur hand is ok and that another opportunity at work presents itself soon. Sometimes, things happen for a reason and u may still very well end up on top of all this. Try to keep a positive outlook. :)

Maadi

First ride to work for the season! :) The morning was a bit chilly at 47F but only my hands froze, so all in all pretty good. Afternoon at 57F was much better. I really need to look into some hand warmers....

lwclancers

FE and rear led signals, and license plate light. Almost set to ride!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

lwclancers

Performed an oil change from hell and Lubed the chain.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

priotiynapkin

went for a nice ride today after work. nice to go through some twisties instead of my daily commute in a straight line. breaking in my new Sedici boots slowly but surely. Hot enough to finally take the liner out of my jacket! :)

oh, and the wheelie thread inspired me to try to get my front end up on a straight away near my house the past couple days. Almost happened today but I didn't feel in control :wreck:
probably gonna wait till i find a place off the streets where i can do that..