What did you do to your bike today?

xleeb0y13x

Airbox mod. Figured with 32k on the odometer it was about time. Plus it's raining in nor cal so not much else to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJRinker

Mirrors, grips, new pegs, headlight&cluster mounted, headlight tint. Powder coated lil things here and there. Fabing exhaust next.. finally..

Thinking about doing the xj6 side fairings.. Has anyone purchased the eBay sets? I don't really need the headlight/cluster fairings as I'm making my own fairing for the front. Can't see paying over 300 for a couple small oem fairing pieces. So are they any good? Will I need any extra mounting pieces?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TexanFZ6R

On Thursday I installed block off plates, rode it for the first time in a week and filled the tank. Also hit 2000 (personal) miles today

TexanFZ6R

On Thursday I installed block off plates, rode it for the first time in a week and filled the tank. Also hit 2000 (personal) miles today

ST3RL0

Not today but over the past couple of weeks, installed a set of 2005 R1 injectors and Trac King clutch springs from a 05 R1 (each spring 25kg instead of 15kg)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RJRinker

Finishing up my streetfighter. Exhaust is next on the list. Anybody have any experience with Delkevic?

https://i.imgur.com/FirGTch.jpg

View attachment 39546
Looks good. You going to get the xj6 fairings? If not I'd say unbolt those fairing brackets and itll clean it up a bit more. Maybe it's my OCD but my next oil change I'm pulling the oil pan and powdercoating that thing black.. it just sticks out like a sore thumb to me now. Ugh! Lol I've thought about the delkevic exhaust as well. It's pretty clean looking and the price is nice. But dunno about the quality never seen one in person. Plus I've already started the Marthy mod. Just need to make time to weld it all together. Its been sitting on my shelf forever..

bluefusion

Looks good. You going to get the xj6 fairings? If not I'd say unbolt those fairing brackets and itll clean it up a bit more. Maybe it's my OCD but my next oil change I'm pulling the oil pan and powdercoating that thing black.. it just sticks out like a sore thumb to me now. Ugh! Lol I've thought about the delkevic exhaust as well. It's pretty clean looking and the price is nice. But dunno about the quality never seen one in person. Plus I've already started the Marthy mod. Just need to make time to weld it all together. Its been sitting on my shelf forever..

Not sure about the XJ6 fairings, I'd like them but I don't think they're worth the $$$ especially because they'll need to be imported from overseas. How are you doing your exhaust? I'd love to just cut that ugly catalytic converter out and throw on a midpipe + slipon, but I don't really have any welding experience.

Hood92

Hey there, i threw a delkevic system on my fz6r this past summer. Very happy with it. Will need AIS block off plates to reduce popping on deceleration.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

TexanFZ6R

Edit: Wow that pic is huge. I apologize.
Rode it. I love love love this thing. I've put about 5000 miles on it since purchasing it in late March.

Last edited:

radko87

Today I finally found the time to work a little bit on the bike. I worked really hard the past year, so i decided to get few things on for the bike.
I added the Leo Vince full exhaust system, power commander, o2 sensor eliminator, block off plates, throttle tube from r6, new grips and changed the position of the handlebar. My hands are sour, but the sound of the new exhaust makes me feel better already.

Its cold outside, so I can't go for a decent ride, but from the short test drive I got a big smile on my face.
These mods have transformed the bike.

yellowraptor

Cleaned it really good for the first time since I bought it. Degreased the whole bike, cleaned and lubed the chain, changed the oil, and Im about to go put on some back to black on the plastics.

MrFrzZ

First time changing the spark plugs this past Saturday. My wife helped out since she wants to learn how to do everything. Took a few hours but went well. I was almost 4k miles over due for them to be changed, but they all looked decent. Nothing really terrible. One of the ground straps showed a little more "white" than the others, but the electrode wasn't white, so Idk. Replaced them with NGK CR9EIX iridiums. Will probably pull them around 20k to see how they look.

Also flushed the coolant. I know the service interval says its good for a bit, but I've had the bike for two years and wanted to put fresh in. Replaced it with OEM Yamacool.

Will be doing brake pads in the next month or so and putting new tires on.

sti491

Unless something is way off, Feul injection is pretty easy on plugs. If you kept them, post up a pic, how many miles? What tires are you looking at? I'd also be interested in your experience with new pads. Street pads, or more oriented to your track days?

First time changing the spark plugs this past Saturday. My wife helped out since she wants to learn how to do everything. Took a few hours but went well. I was almost 4k miles over due for them to be changed, but they all looked decent. Nothing really terrible. One of the ground straps showed a little more "white" than the others, but the electrode wasn't white, so Idk. Replaced them with NGK CR9EIX iridiums. Will probably pull them around 20k to see how they look.

Also flushed the coolant. I know the service interval says its good for a bit, but I've had the bike for two years and wanted to put fresh in. Replaced it with OEM Yamacool.

Will be doing brake pads in the next month or so and putting new tires on.

MrFrzZ

Unless something is way off, Feul injection is pretty easy on plugs. If you kept them, post up a pic, how many miles? What tires are you looking at? I'd also be interested in your experience with new pads. Street pads, or more oriented to your track days?
Plugs had 11800 miles on them, so they were 3000 miles overdue based on our service schedules on these bikes. As mentioned on the coolant, I flushed it well before it was due, but I've got peace of mind now with it, and it looked good coming out so I was happy with that. it wasnt dirty or hazy.

I've got a set of Metzeler M7's sitting in my gun room waiting to be mounted for the track/ summer street riding. But I think I'm going to give Dunlop Q3+'s a try next go round. I hear nothing but good about them. I was worried about how they acted in rain and really wet roads, but I really dont ride much in the rain unless I get caught in a freak storm and then I just slow down and lean off the bike more to keep it upright.

As far as pads go - I have a front and rear set of EBC HH sintered pads that I wanted to try for the track. I've heard better things about Vesrah, so I'll start with the EBC's and see how things go. When the rotors come around, I'll probably replace with Galfer Wave rotors. May actually look into Galfer pads as well to see how they perform.

Made a video on Easter Sunday about the FZ6r, but it turned to crap, so I scrapped it. Will try to make one on my way home from work today and get it edited tonight. It will be my thoughts and opinions on the platform.

sti491

Can’t wait to see the next vid!

Please remember to eventually do one on the subjects of your crash, and street avoidance, strategy, defensive tactics, etc... what we talked about in those posts when I saw my friends minor crash, but still terrifying to see. You are very credible on those subjects!

Plugs had 11800 miles on them, so they were 3000 miles overdue based on our service schedules on these bikes. As mentioned on the coolant, I flushed it well before it was due, but I've got peace of mind now with it, and it looked good coming out so I was happy with that. it wasnt dirty or hazy.

I've got a set of Metzeler M7's sitting in my gun room waiting to be mounted for the track/ summer street riding. But I think I'm going to give Dunlop Q3+'s a try next go round. I hear nothing but good about them. I was worried about how they acted in rain and really wet roads, but I really dont ride much in the rain unless I get caught in a freak storm and then I just slow down and lean off the bike more to keep it upright.

As far as pads go - I have a front and rear set of EBC HH sintered pads that I wanted to try for the track. I've heard better things about Vesrah, so I'll start with the EBC's and see how things go. When the rotors come around, I'll probably replace with Galfer Wave rotors. May actually look into Galfer pads as well to see how they perform.

Made a video on Easter Sunday about the FZ6r, but it turned to crap, so I scrapped it. Will try to make one on my way home from work today and get it edited tonight. It will be my thoughts and opinions on the platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexanFZ6R

Ordered a spare rotor (for the timing mod), 15t sprocket, oil case cover gasket, chain alignment tool, and spools for the swingarm. Excited for the next couple weeks :D