What did you do to your bike today?

Idiosynocracy

Took her out for a nice ride to the local hobby lobby. I needed more canvases to paint! : )

Maadi

Decided to take my "decompression" route home instead of the highway. Was really looking forward the ONE and ONLY twisty area between work and home. I had a scooter and a car ahead of me, so I proceeded to leave plenty of space in front of me so I could fly through the curvy areas. The road is 45 mph, I usually go about ** (ahem, speed limit, of course!) in the curves. The car ahead did 35 ALL THE WAY through all the fun parts, so even if I did leave plenty of space in front of me, I got close to to car in no time. And, the sad part was, at the end of the curves I saw the scooter WAY ahead. The car wasn't even going slow for the scooter!!! Cagers.... :mad: And the road is double yellow line all the way.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Oil and filter change, cleaned and re-oiled the K&N air filter, (if you haven't done this in a while, or ever, please do it! This time of year your filter will be full of bug carcasses blocking a ton of air flow. I just did mine 4 months ago and it had so many bees and flies in it I'm surprised I was getting any air flow period) checked coolant level, new grips. But I didn't get her all buttoned back up yet. Tomorrow I still want to really clean up the front sprocket area, the radiator (bugs have been out of control the last few rides) and a few other areas I haven't cleaned really well for a while before I put all the body work back on. Then it's a chain cleaning, full wash, re-lube the chain, polish and detail her. All just so Saturday I can go ride and get her all covered in sticky bug goo again lol. :banghead: :rockon:
Sounds about right lol I went and visited a friend tonight and there were BUGS GALORE! I think I may just buy a new air filter (still using the stock one I got but I've cleaned it a =bout 2 months ago...) and while I'm at it, drill a few holes in the air box to get better air flow.

Pinarello Rider

A little late (as it happened yesterday eve), but I went from 105 miles to 160 total miles on the bike. Beautiful ride through some of my favorite cycling roads (happens to start across the street from my development...). Really enjoying the bike - I wanted to take it out on the highway in non rush-hour conditions before I do the real thing tomorrow. The new Moto-centric Tail bag stayed snug as a bug in a rug on the passenger seat.

Alls right in the world for now.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

mdgreene2001

BKP

Just installed my...

Motocentric Sport Tailbag!!!

I like that bag. Did you have to invent any hooks etc to mount it?

Thanks,
Pvee
I have one I don't use anymore (I've since installed a hard top case).
Want it? (I have a matching tank bag, as well)

Last edited:

mdgreene2001

Well, I had my first exhaust moment today. Find out for some reason the last exhaust I built doesn't fit right :( I had a few that were close at the beginning but something must have happen with this one.

So as a quick fix, I pull my own exhaust off my bike and ship it... now I need to fix the exhaust that will get back to me and put it back on the bike... time to built it so the center stand fit now.

Ah well...
I'm not sure if center stand will fit with my setup, I don't have one to put on the bike I use dmp rear and head stands... FYI you have to buy the 21mm adapter for the head stand separate it doesn't come with the kit...

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

mdgreene2001

I wasn't planning getting a center stand, I got away without using ones for the last 40K miles just fine. But I had to get one to do a exhaust fit about 1 month ago... now I have a $175.00 center stand sitting there and it's bothering me. Rather have it installed and using it. Not like I'll ever get my $175.00 back...
LOL. That kinda sucks but a center stand would be helpful when I send my rear suspension out this winter to race tech

Idiosynocracy

ride her! and I ride her hard... and as far as the bike goes.... lol j/k
Giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity!

mdgreene2001

BoneJj

Dammit, now I have to wait until Monday for my exhaust to show up, which means I wont be able to install it until later in the week.

I was hoping to spend half the weekend working on the bike but it looks like it'll just have to be another weekend.

xleeb0y13x

Took a much longer than planned ride. Went exploring some back roads. Feeling some vibration in the left foot peg above 7k rpm. Other than that bikes doing great.