What color are your LEDs?

rjsantana20

Ok, I know a few more of you guys and gals out there have installed LEDs on your bike. What color have you chosen? The reason I am asking is because I purchased my favorite color "BLUE" to go with my blue bike. I noticed in another thread someone mentioned that they could not use blue or red in their state because first responders are the only ones allowed to use them. Low and behold, NJ is the same. I cannot use blue either.

So, now I just wondering what would like nice.

Spunky99

Basically if the LEDs can be seen from the front or the rear, only green or pink is OK here.
So I decided to do something unusual and went Ultraviolet...Black Light LEDs.

rjsantana20

I was thinking about the UV lights but I read that they were not as bright as the green. But I do like them. Sort of torn between green and UV. The White LEDs didnt appeal to me as much although they are the brightest.

Chaos

I used blue on my pearl white ride. I love the color.

Spunky99

:needpics:

show some pics people...I want to see the results.

I had to install 40 LEDs to get it bright enough as rjsantana20 indicated.

MikeN02

Ok, I know a few more of you guys and gals out there have installed LEDs on your bike. What color have you chosen? The reason I am asking is because I purchased my favorite color "BLUE" to go with my blue bike. I noticed in another thread someone mentioned that they could not use blue or red in their state because first responders are the only ones allowed to use them. Low and behold, NJ is the same. I cannot use blue either.

So, now I just wondering what would like nice.
Same here in Florida. I believe you can't use White, Red Or Blue (USA Colors basically).

So you're basically stuck with green or another lame color...

rjsantana20

Thanks everyone for your input. Let's post more pics.

rjsantana20

So I ordered the blue LEDs. I will take the chance with the LE around here. Hopefully I can talk my way out of the ticket.

I will post up some pics when it is installed.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Sage

I'm getting a multicolor kit with a remote and am gunna try and ride around with red and see if the 5-0 pull me over. They havent the 2 trikes that are decked out but I bet they will take me since I'm on a sportbike. I'll post pics when it finally comes in and it's installed.

F

FZ6Rgurl

Yes! Get a toggle switch! That is the smart way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! My people just cut a hole in the left black plastic and stuck it there.

rjsantana20

I didn't just any toggle switch, I got a blue illuminated toggle switch. :D

I will create a work up including pics. I cannot wait.Waiting for the lights this week.

gearhead

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

rjsantana20

Uno- attach a switch to turn on and off. Maybe a 3 way switch to change colors and turn off.

My lights just came in today. This weekend I will install them.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Spunky99

Uno,

Be prepared to install at least 40 of the UV LEDs. They are not as bright as the regular colored ones due to the light spectrum.