Very sad news for me.

CDN6R

Yesterday I recieved news that my Uncle (on my Mum's side) has been diagnosed with lung cancer. At 93 years of age the Dr's at the hospital feel that the only thing they can do for him is make him feel as comfortable as they can. My Uncle (George) flew in WW2 against the Lufftwaffe (Germans) in obsolete planes compared to the FW 109's that the Germans used. There were many killed in the raids he carried out in Greece and he was lucky to survive. God speed Uncle George may your journey be swift and painless. For those who may be interested here is some history about him.. Laurie G Kearns

auniquesoul

GodSpeed to your Uncle, my prayers are with your family. My grandfather was in WW2, he passed from cancer 15 years ago tho....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Sorry to hear that, I'm not very religious but my thoughts are truly with him!

JSP

Super Moderator
Very sorry to hear this... :(

DragonBlu

Sorry......it sounds like your uncle is an interesting gentleman. We all owe a debt of graditude to the WWII vets.

CDN6R

Thanks for all your thoughts guys. My Uncle lives about 2000 miles from me (I live on the East Coast and he lives in Manitoba, central Canada) so I do not see him often. I do love him dearly and I will miss him alot. Again Thanks

XTRAWLD

Sad news to hear indeed. He's 93, what a fantastic life he had! You should pay him one last visit if you are able.

6R Blackout

I want to tell you Thank you for your uncles service in the military. I have great respect for men and woman who have served the armed forces. with that sad my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and also your uncle. May the rest of his days be filled with love, joy, and peace.

DakinechicK

So sorry to hear the news on your uncle. I'm sure he has led such a great and interesting life, hopefully having no regrets. My prayers are with you and yours.

ksanbon

CDN6R,

I'm so sorry about your loss. You have my deepest sympathy and my prayers.
Things like this are reminders for me to keep everything in the proper perspective. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

24KMACH

I'm very sorry to hear your news. My wife and I have lost 5 relatives and two close friends in the past few months.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Thoughts & prayers... Hope you get to spend some meaningful time with him & that he doesn't suffer...

My Dad, aunt, and several uncles passed away from cancer... =( So, I know what you're going through. It's extremely tough. But, you will see him again... =)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member