uggg! So Frustrated

JonKerr

Elite Member

surfcycle

Wow Jon, that does suck. :banghead:

In the end it all breaks for all of us I guess...in the meantime be as diligent as you can with those eyes !

Fzara2000

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully your eyes improve and everything is alright in the end.

Did he mention if there is something specific causing the problem?

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Rookasaki

Jon stay strong. The Doc said your eyes are fine as of now ;)

I was Diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease in my early teens.. Had 11 vertebrae's fused with tons of titanium. I was told I needed to change career paths, that I would never make it as a cop, long road ahead etc... etc.. I prayed and kept my faith up and look at me now ;) I even made it on the SWAT team (although I did step down for personal reasons)

Just keep your head up, cause the man above is beyond amazing :thumbup:

Fizzer6R

Jon, i know it's a bummer to hear that, but keep the faith. they diagnosed me with the same in my late 20's while still in the military. it never bothered me then, and I wanted very badly to get LASIK. I was borderline for the procedure and started eye drop treatment while in 30's and after hearing about halo effect post-op problems, I decided to just stick with contacts. in my 40's now, and the pressure in my eyes go up and down, one eye exam i'll be fine, then year later they'll say it's back.

depending on your overall medical condition, i will say if you haven't yet get your b-12 level checked. years ago i had the same symptoms of carpal tunnel with hand numbness, it took them months to finally figure it out. had to give myself b12 shots (not fun) to get the level back up and my eyes were giving me the most trouble during that time also - my prescription got worse and slightly better again, now it varies from -4.5 to -5.25

goes without saying, make sure your sunglasses have UV protection

I too have high pressure on the eyes. I see an opthamologist every 3 months and have been using drops for the last few years. Make sure you are monitored closely by an opthamologist.

It sucks getting old!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

r0ar

my ex has a problem where her spinal fluid is at like 400 and some when its suppose to be like 180 and they say its going to cause her to go blind eventually. Sorry to hear it though man it sucks trust me hearing that about the mother of my child pretty much crushed me

Spunky99

Sorry to hear that you have been having severe physical problems.
I recently was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after my immune system and the interferon for Hepatitis C destroyed my thyroid. Pills seem to be working but I have a big beer belly now and I don't even drink.
I guess diet and exercise are next. Hard to do with a bad back my friend and I hope you prevail.

UTAHSKIBUM1

Sorry bro.

I've had two liver transplants my colon removed skin cancer, so I know how sucky bad health can be I'm only 34 also. Stay strong the bigger the trial the bigger the blessing!
Stay strong ride hard.

Botty12

My grandparents had to used drops for their glaucoma for years...Until the medications stopped working to reduce pressure.

Now they've had surgery (not sure which procedure was done), but...no more eye drops, no more pressure, can still see (as good as any of us at 80 yoa could probably lol)...

So I'm sorry to hear about all your physical struggles (I can sympathize), but maybe surgery is an option for you to consider?

djf18374

[/QUOTE] Anyone else on here have any experience with this?[/QUOTE]

Short answer, Yes. I am nearing the ripe old age of 24 now, and about 2 years ago I left the eye doctor with the same prognosis. Losing flakes of pigment in one of my irises, could be a precursor to Glaucoma, happens often in nearsighted males, etc. They told me to just keep an eye on it (pun?) and get it checked every year or so. I am sorry for your diagnosis, as that is no fun to hear. And thank you for the reminder, as I have not gone back since...I will do that soon.
Just keep up on your eye doctor visits and possibly get a second opinion? Eyes are super important, as you probably know, and routine checkups might keep things in check.

Wish you the best, and hope you stay healthy....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

Sounds like you need that script to smoke some weed..... it'll help your situation... lol.

But seriously, That's a bummer man, I hope there is a simple solution for you.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member