Two bikes I'm considering

CrazyCawi

Black and gold 2012 triumph Daytona 675. I found a pretty decent deal on it.

The other option is a 2008 R6 from a guy who had aid life crisis at over age 50 and bought it. Only 2700 miles on it and looks like new. Cadmium Yellow and black with the flame decals which are easily removable thank goodness.

Idk which route to go, the yzf-r6 is an amazing deal and so is the triumph but the spread in price is about 4600. Idk what route to go because I can't ride them right now, both feel comfortable, both are great deals and they are both great bikes. I don't plan to race on the track but may do an occasional track day.

If it were you what choice would you make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

which ever you can get the better deal on, cause you know will ride it for 1 season and sell it to get something else~!

please let me know if you don't get the R6, I may :cool:

CrazyCawi

Well they are both equally as good of a deal in regard to what they sell for normally. My intentions would be if I get the r6 to ride it a season or two and shed it off for what I paid
because it's worth that easily. What draws me to the triumph is the fact that it's unique, powerful low and mid range power and decent top end. I would likely keep the triumph far longer than the r6 especially because it's 4 years newer as well

Fizzer6R

it's prob. harder to get a better deal on a 675, so grab that one. R6 deals are plentiful

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Bert-Aus

If you are planning to track either of them -be prepared to bin it should you go down

If I was choosing between the two and considered them for more road riding,
the Triumph would tick more boxes due to torque lower in rev range

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Seriously, why spend any time at all thinking about which to get. Get one, keep it for 6 months, then get rid of it and get the other.

You say it like that's a bad thing.

bmw675

You know which one I'd pick... ;)

I've been happy with mine. Plus, I think the 675 is more street friendly because of the more usable power band. That's why I originally chose it.

EsrTek

If I had the money and choice between the 2, I'd pick the 675!
It's a more street bike and can do track days, where the R6 is a track bike you can get away with riding on streets.

CrazyCawi

Deposit on the 675

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

VRIIClubby

great choice! Much better to live with day to day!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Sage

good choice, was about to write a long and now not needed opinion ;)

CrazyCawi

Sage I'd love to sill hear your opinion

roundhouse

never ridden a daytona. sat on one but that is hardly a true test. had a 08 R6 which was uncomfortable for me. that is why i traded it for the 6R

which one will you enjoy riding more?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member