twisted throttle, need to reinvent yourself

butcher bird

It is amazing what a $30 restocking fee will do for bad advertisment. This thread will be read many hundreds of times and will be remembered by everyone who reads it.
best,
that is exactly what i told chris at twisted throttle. duhhhhhhhhhh!
you could not have laid it out better. thank you for the input. i fill better already. even if i donot get anything out of this you fellow members have
stepped up and now i know for a fact they have some sort of stain when it comes to their being stand up folks.
matter of fact i told him over the phone after refusing to iron this situation out i was going to post negative feedback over this poorly handled transaction. he didn't even comment.

Last edited:

WANDERER

no more Twisted company

Thanks for the negative feedback, and alot of people will know this foul practice they have....

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FitZ6R

went to twisted throttle web site a few weeks back and pulled up what was offered for my bike wich is a 2009 fz6r. what i was looking for was the MRA vario touring windshield.
At the risk of being blasted for interrupting a perfectly good pile-on bashing :p, I'd like to ask for some clarification of this issue.

When the MRA screens for the XJ6 first came out, the manufacturer and TT both thought they would fit the FZ6R as well. Customers subsequently determined that it wasn't a fit, and TT stopped listing the screens for the FZ6R (at least according to: TwistedThrottle.com : ...by What Fits My Bike - Yamaha - FZ6R, '09- -). It took a while to correct the website, but as I recall, the change was done late in 2009 (i.e., not "a few weeks ago").

Is there somewhere on the TT site that still says the same screen fits the XJ6 and FZ6R? Or did they tell you that directly? Or did you order based on info from another source?

For the record, I agree that the hidden restocking fee is BS. It's too bad, because the TT business model is a great concept, but it seems to fall short in execution.

butcher bird

twisted throttle update on the mislead website

At the risk of being blasted for interrupting a perfectly good pile-on bashing :p, I'd like to ask for some clarification of this issue.

When the MRA screens for the XJ6 first came out, the manufacturer and TT both thought they would fit the FZ6R as well. Customers subsequently determined that it wasn't a fit, and TT stopped listing the screens for the FZ6R (at least according to: TwistedThrottle.com : ...by What Fits My Bike - Yamaha - FZ6R, '09- -). It took a while to correct the website, but as I recall, the change was done late in 2009 (i.e., not "a few weeks ago").

Is there somewhere on the TT site that still says the same screen fits the XJ6 and FZ6R? Or did they tell you that directly? Or did you order based on info from another source?

For the record, I agree that the hidden restocking fee is BS. It's too bad, because the TT business model is a great concept, but it seems to fall short in execution.
deric, the owner called me late friday afternoon and talked to me and was real sad about what had occurred with windshield .as he said. the website misled everyone so he gave a huge apoligy and refunded me the total back. he seemed to be real down about it. chris should have done the same instead he accused me odf scratching the shield and lots of other crap which was not true at all. maybe the rats play while the cat is gone? deric said he was out of country for 3 weeks. they never changed the website listing for the 2009 fz6r

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

butcher bird

So is Chris out of there? Who else did he try to screw over and people just didn't pay attention.... Sounds like the owners are taking this a little more seriously!
he would be if i had any say in the matter. you never know how many times this has been pulled? maybe the BBB had something to do with it? i did file a complaint. i donot know how long it takes to move on a business. they gave me a
code to use to see what progress was made but it is at work station now.

twistedthrottle

Hi Mike,

Sorry to have confused you. When the North American Yamaha FZ6R first came out, we realized it looked very similar to the European Yamaha XJ6S Diversion of the same model year.

We ordered several products from our European suppliers that were designed to fit the "XJ6", including sidecarriers, rear luggage racks, and a few other items, and found that they all fit the bike being sold in North America as the "FZ6R".

We then made the (bad) assumption that the bikes must be identical and assigned all products that fit the XJ6S to also fit the FZ6R within our website.

Through your assistance, we found out that the windscreen (as well as the mirror wideners) from the XJ6S won't fit the FZ6R. Oops.

We've updated our website and removed these two items from the FZ6R page. We're also prototyping mirror wideners and an MRA VarioTouringScreen to fit the FZ6R as we speak.

I apologize that you had difficulty arranging a refund. From looking at your order and chatting with Dereck, it appears that you've received a full refund at this point.

It is not ever our intent to make customers pay for our mistakes, and we had a special meeting of the customer service folks to discuss your case in particular and make sure your experience doesn't repeat with others.

Our FZ6R page is here:
TwistedThrottle.com : ...by What Fits My Bike - Yamaha - FZ6R, '09- -

If you see any other mistakes, please contact us here and let us know so we can make the website better!
TwistedThrottle.com : Contact Us

Sorry for any confusion - we're working to make our website a better tool for you guys, and we appreciate your help. We're all riders, and we want our website to have the best information for other enthusiasts like ourselves.

We did reply to the BBB complaint as well. They have no specific authority over us, but they're good at helping customers get in touch with us when something's fallen through the cracks. We appreciate their help in making sure folks like yourself can let us know when we haven't done as well as we should.

If you would consider updating your first post in this thread to quote this resolution, I'd appreciate it. It's my hope that we got your problem taken care of and that you'll give us a chance in the future.

Best regards,
-Erik (a.k.a. Mr. Twisted)

Last edited:

Spunky99

Blah Blah Blah.....

I won't order anything from Twisted Throttle....

zig308

Tough crowd in here... it seems like they are trying to make things right. Next thing I buy, I will give them a try. Still need some overpants...

:edit: > Maybe something else... they don't sell apparel.

Last edited: