Triple Digit Temp and ATGATT

Bert-Aus

I find it is actually cooler ATGATT -as your sweat evaporates at a slower rate due to wind pushing through my gear, I def stink at the end of the ride but I feel more comfortable than without gear on. Where as, when my skin is exposed the sweat evaporates immediatly I find I just bake & yeah sunburn!

That sucks balls!

BoneJj

I find it is actually cooler ATGATT -as your sweat evaporates at a slower rate due to wind pushing through my gear, I def stink at the end of the ride but I feel more comfortable than without gear on. Where as, when my skin is exposed the sweat evaporates immediatly I find I just bake & yeah sunburn!

That sucks balls!
noooo, your balls just stink....

pfcreed

When I first started riding it was in NY, so I used my gear all the time, now im in southern TX, and I really dont know how im going to do it. I took it out for a joy ride today with no jacket just gloves and helmet and it felt pretty good. and today it was a mild 88 degrees. Also this is my first post so hi.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BKP

Well... y'all guilted me into spending $220 on a new jacket..

Bought a Tourmaster Flex Series 3... The mesh jacket (also has removable inner thermal and outer wind-breaker liners) has even better air flow than my Dianese, and combined with a Heat-Out shirt, I actually had no problem at all just now in about 92 degrees, full sun (and it's NOT BLACK -- BIG difference)...

So, congrats. Even in this heat you've got another 100% ATGATT convert...

BoneJj

damn, that's a nice looking jacket!

I think I found my next one... lol.

I had been waiting on them to release their next line, I guess it's time I ponied up the cash.

BKP

damn, that's a nice looking jacket!

I think I found my next one... lol.

I had been waiting on them to release their next line, I guess it's time I ponied up the cash.
Try to find a place to try it on... it's very deceptive in sizing... I have a 44" chest, 34" waist, and I'm a medium in this jacket...

Additionally, the mesh jacket feels heavy when you put it on... but, don't let that throw you. It *does* cool better than my Dianese, which feels like a feather...

Then again... Florida's a different animal... even compared to Atlanta...

Good luck!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

lwclancers

I guess its not ALL the gear, but I just got an ICON Stryker Driver vest. I plan on wearing it in place of jacket on days like today (100 out). Just too hot when stuck in traffic on my 1 hour commute out of NOVA. At least my core will be protected.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Wooster

Congratulations! You smart, son of a gun. If you ever question your choice to be ATGATT, you've only to look at a single vid of someone going down without the gear.

Welcome to the ATGATT Side! It's a place where seeming coolness is outweighed by simple intelligence. It's a place where, recognizing the dangers we face, we choose to face them intelligently, rather than ignore their existence and hope for the best.

Head to toe, my friend. It took me quite a while to put it all together, but I'll never go back. Welcome, brother.
Something tells me you're married and still wear rubbers...lol. I'm having a flashback of that new State Farm commercial where they guy has himself a little Journey moment....."That's the way I need it.....All night......Every night....Any time......All the time.......that's the way I need it"

On a side note that is a nice jacket and similar to the one I've been looking at. Although I'm still not motivated enough to wear it in this heat we have right now

Deathdiesel

I live in central texas dealing with 110+ still ATGATT. But i tend to try to wait until later in the day or in the morning.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

MustGoFaster

So after work today I decided to cruise. In jeans, jacket, gloves, boots,and helmet. I found a new way to remove the fuel tank sticker. (Never got around to taking more than 1/4 off) Ride around in 116 degrees for an hour than use your thumbnail when yer bored at stop lights. :D Finish the job when you get home with an ID and get the remaining adhesive off with goo be gone.

12fz6rblack

Yeah I have been wanting to take that sticker off too it will be 108 later this week I'm sure it won't be hard to take that sticker off either

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

redwing-2001

did someone say it's hot.
It sure is here in Georgia as well. Another RiderCoach recommended one of these, so I tried it and it really works. Lasts about an 1-1/2 to 2 hours. I use it under my textile mesh jacket.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Flexi-Freeze-Ice-Vest-Navy/dp/B001P30358/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341747840&sr=8-2&keywords=cooling+vest]Flexi Freeze Ice Vest, Navy: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Last edited:

WKD

I am an ATGATT kind of person, that is one (of many) reasons why I gravitated to the sportier side of biking, I still love looking at the chromed up customs but the 'cool' factor of the brain buckets and muscle shirts never sat well with me. In the heat I actually find it more convenient to ride with full gear...just the other day I had a lunch 'meeting' and it was supposedly 38deg Celsius:canada:. I put on my shorts threw the sandals in my pack and then geared up. When I get there I strip down to my shorts and I am comfy as can be. I always hated the heat and riding, not because of the ride but wearing jeans if I had to stop somewhere and walk around...this way it's the best of both worlds.