Trade In Value

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

I know there are a few people who moved on from the FZ6R to other bikes but still frequent this site. Did any of these people trade in their 6Rs? I'm looking at doing that with my '09 and was curious and what dealerships give for it. Kelly Blue Book said something like $3,300 for trade in and $6000ish sale value.

CrazyCawi

When I bought mine for $4500 I called Beeline yamaha and they gave me a buy bid of $3000, and danny said hed look to resell it for about $4800 with a little wiggle room if needed. Funny thing is my 1981 seca 750 with 3600 miles on it, he offered me $2000 on the spot for it lol, 30 years old and worth a grand less ;)

CDN6R

My local Yamaha dealer where I bought my bike offered me $5000.00 towards a new left over 2010 GSXR 600, which I turned down(I am just to old and crippled to ride a Super Sport any more). Also the H.D. dealer in Halifax N.S. offered me $3000.00 towards a new 2011 H.D. 883 Iron,,, but I love the 6R and I plan to keep it. Everytime I ride this bike,I am amazed just how damn good it is.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

CDN6R

When I bought mine for $4500 I called Beeline yamaha and they gave me a buy bid of $3000, and danny said hed look to resell it for about $4800 with a little wiggle room if needed. Funny thing is my 1981 seca 750 with 3600 miles on it, he offered me $2000 on the spot for it lol, 30 years old and worth a grand less ;)
Yeah Josh I shake my head at that stuff too. I see all the time bikes that are 10-15 years old for sale and the price on them is the "suggested" value of our 6R's. Give me a newer bike for the same money with less history,better gas milage,handling,etc anyday.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Yeah Josh I shake my head at that stuff too. I see all the time bikes that are 10-15 years old for sale and the price on them is the "suggested" value of our 6R's. Give me a newer bike for the same money with less history,better gas milage,handling,etc anyday.
well on the bright side I bought mine from the original owner, an exec at a local bank here in town. So history is at a minimum he changed oil every year and only drove 8 miles to work, and 8 miles back home! Im looking to sell it as it doesnt get much love since the Fz6r stole my heart :cool:

CDN6R

Triumph Thruxton

OOOOOOOOH I LIKE THOSE,,, was thinking of getting one myself but the local Triumph dealer here in N.S. is quite far from where I live. OMG I just realized,,, your avatar,,,Fonzie! HEYYYYYY didn't he "ride" a Triumph?! BTW is your 1st name "Richie",,, sorry could not help that.

Last edited:

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

OOOOOOOOH I LIKE THOSE,,, was thinking of getting one myself but the local Triumph dealer here in N.S. is quite far from where I live. OMG I just realized,,, your avatar,,,Fonzie! HEYYYYYY didn't he "ride" a Triumph?! BTW is your 1st name "Richie",,, sorry could not help that.
I'm not sure what the Fonz rode but it sure was a sweet bike. When I get it maybe I can jump over 14 trash cans too. Jk.
I sat on a Thruxton this weekend and the riding position is pretty similar to the 6Rs posit. I've always been a fan of cafe racers and the Thruxton is the best looking production cafe that I've seen. I'm really lookinf forward to getting it but I will miss the 6R. It's been a great first bike.

CDN6R

The Fonz did ride different bikes in the show but he mainly rode Triumphs (I did a search) so I guess it was destiny that you get a Triumph.

Attachments

Last edited:

flyingminno

Just traded in my 09 FZ6R with 5000kms and got $5250 for it.
Moving on to a 2011 Ninja 1000.
I've been eyeing the new ninja, even test rode it a week ago. I will definitely go private sell though, as it is in great condition but carries 15,000 miles (24,000kms+) :D