Trackday! Willow Springs - Friday the 13th

R

rsw81

Holy crap you guys have those bikes rediculously far over! I knew John could get the bike leaned like that, but I'm really REALLY impressed you got the GSXR that far over on the first day you road it. That is a true testiment to your skills David. Amazing.:cheer:

Wavex

The turn 3-4a-4b-5 sequence was my favorite. Scared the crap out of me when I scrapped my left toes and peg feeler on 3. 4a-4b feels like you're accelerating to launch and the dip into 5 feels like you're jumping off a cliff.
Hey Louis, I did not know you had done WS already! When did you go?

I loved 3 and 4a, but I never got 4b down perfectly... that double apex deal on 4 was just too much for me! I finally understood the proper line at the end of the day...

My favorite was turn 1 and 3...

Wavex

Holy crap you guys have those bikes rediculously far over! I knew John could get the bike leaned like that, but I'm really REALLY impressed you got the GSXR that far over on the first day you road it. That is a true testiment to your skills David. Amazing.:cheer:
Thanks Rob! I was surprised myself when I looked at the pics, my form ain't that bad! :)

The bike makes a HUGE difference though... it was made for that very application and felt VERY stable and compliant no matter what I would throw at it... the FZ or Buell obviously don't have these "race" ergos and make it harder to look good and achieve proper form... :rockon:

Wavex

wow, here is a reminder that track or streets, our sport is dangerous and should not be taken lightly!

Turn 8 is the turn I was talking about earlier, i.e. I was going around it at 125mph when ppl were passing me at 140-150mph... crazy that this happened 2 days after we were blasting through that track.........

RIP "Pancho Spain"...

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35849

M

MarinaFazer

that is the reality of going to the track ...

RIP "Pancho Spain"

O

oso2k

wow, here is a reminder that track or streets, our sport is dangerous and should not be taken lightly!

Turn 8 is the turn I was talking about earlier, i.e. I was going around it at 125mph when ppl were passing me at 140-150mph... crazy that this happened 2 days after we were blasting through that track.........

RIP "Pancho Spain"...

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35849
Yeah...the weekend I did Big Willow, they told us that the week before, an expert level rider target fixated, went straight off turn 8, through the fence, off one aquaduct ledge & head first into the other. Very sad.

S

scottsst

I still have not figured out what is more dangerous, the track or the street. They are both very dangerous...that's for sure.
I personaly have always felt safer at the track with corner workers, other track workers , medical people at the ready . At the same time its a trade off with the speeds and other bikes on track that could take you out

Wavex

Just found a few more pics I missed the first time I looked...

check out my inside pass!!

ok, I`ll admit, I was the one getting passed on the outside and I reversed the order of the pics LOL

C

Chris

Just found a few more pics I missed the first time I looked...

check out my inside pass!!

ok, I`ll admit, I was the one getting passed on the outside and I reversed the order of the pics LOL
LOL! That cracked me up!:rof:

A lot of nice pics :thumbup: Keep 'em coming!

M

MarinaFazer

nice nice nice...the passing sequence cracked me up too harharhar

Hellgate

Nice sequence David, titled, "Blew by You" right?

Wavex

Nice sequence David, titled, "Blew by You" right?
LOL yeah, that's a good title for it... there were a few ppl in group B who were blowing by me in turn 2 and 8 (Loooooooooooong sweepers) early in the day... There were less and less of them as the day went by :rockon:

M

madmanmaigret

LOL yeah, that's a good title for it... there were a few ppl in group B who were blowing by me in turn 2 and 8 (Loooooooooooong sweepers) early in the day... There were less and less of them as the day went by :rockon:
Well that is the point, correct? one day you will be that guy (PWNing NOOBS) :rolleyes: