Trackday! Willow Springs - Friday the 13th

Wavex

WOW what a day!!! It was fantastic in all aspects.

Cali_Rider picked me and the bike up and we were on our way...

Welcome to Willow Springs... this was our view (turn 1) from our pitzone:

We were a big group from another forum, and we took over the whole parking lot along the straight following turn 1 (we were the 2 blue tents and big trailer on the left)!

John on his way to the track:

me...

with Phil (friend with the big ass trailer) on the Yellow R1 (you can't miss him heh):

Wavex

Here is a wide angled sequence of me following Phil (John was not followable lol), coming out of turn 4 and setting up for 5:

Turn 8 in the background and me on the front straight behind Phil (I saw 152mph on my speedo):

John and I at the same spot braking HARD at the end of the front straight:

Turn 1:

Wavex

Of the ppl in our group, only one low side at relatively low speeds... (happened just in front of me, in the last lap of the last session of the day... doh!!):

That's Phil's trailer... nice pit isn't it!!!

All wrapped up after an amazing day, I took this picture... I swear I did not modify it!!! (I wouldnt 'even know how to do that). I think it's the left over glow of a very very fast rider................ or a dirty camera lense lol)

I thought that was a nice shot (just before leaving the track):

Someone was watching over us...

Here is the whole group... great respectable people as you can see :D

oh and I am ready for you now DefyInertia :Flip:

N

nccoder

:Flip: Oh man! I wanna get out there!
Great pics. and thanks for sharing! You guys are doing it! :rockon:

V

VEGASRIDER

Damn, that looked awsome. Who took the pics? That Parker dude was hilarious, he was passing everybody up. Must have been a pro racer.

S

SovietRobot

That looks like so much fun!

Ohhh, that red R1 is just so sexy.

Your bike is cool too, david ;)

F

FZ1inNH

Wow! Nice David! You've shown an amazing amount of improvement! Way to get off the seat. Good form!

Thanks for sharing. Glad to see that track bike getting use so soon!

S

Stumbles06

Great pics David. Looks like fun was had by all, except the low-sider.. poor bugga.

Parker... get him signed up for WSBK, looks like an awesome rider.

Thanks for sharing.
:)

R

rsw81

Looking good guys. Wish I made it out there, like I had hoped to. Unfortunate circumstances prevented me from doing so. Car ended up in the shop from damage from a tow earlier in the week, leaving me without transport... Looks like I missed a great day!

N

necrotimus

this is a video from a guy named parker... he was in group B with us because most of us were... as you can see, he should be in A LOL... the guy was VERY fast... you can see him pass me on the outside of turn 9. leading to the front straight:

http://www.liveleak.com/item?a=view&token=b54_1237084148

unbelievable!
After seeing your pictures and his video I am confident I could easily keep up...

... in group Z.

Love to see people gettin out there and doing it. Keep sharing.

C

CHEMIKER

Nice pics David! Looks like an awesome time; I can't wait to do a trackday here.

D

dako81

I'm jealous man! That looked awesome! I also liked that sticker on your bike. That's really cool man.

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
Rock on David :rockon:

DefyInertia

So how did you like the bike????? Tell us about it!

Awesome pictures and I'm glad you guys got such good weather. I'm dying to get out on the track...it's been almost a year!

Looks like you were giving those pilot powers a workout. Nice. How did they treat you? I bet John was shredding his 002RSs as well.

Didn't get to watch the vid yet but I'm looking forward to it.

S

simonwb

Thanks for posting - looks like it was a great day!

I'm struck how different WS looks compared to the tracks I've ridden on around me here in the UK, like Donington Park, Silverstone, Cadwell Park, Mallory Park:
a) 8/8 blue sky lol!
b) no kitty litter on the outside of bends?
c) moonscape rather than grass beyond the kitty litter

b) + c) must make it painful to say the least if you come off the track? Damp, soft English grass has some benefits, after all!

O

oso2k

Pancho passed? When? Where? The guy was nice. Soft spoken too for a guy of his stature.