Towing a FZ6R??

tlsollen

A friend I know is selling one of these... I was wondering if this is good for the bike? Will it work if the bike is in neutral or would it still be hard on the transmission? Would it be better to disconnect the chain first or is it just a bad idea in general? Anybody ever use one or know anything about them?

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
No way in hell I would use that on any bike I owned. Oil pump is not running so I do not believe oil would make it to the tranny, etc properly. Chain at minimum would need to be removed. (must break to remove, unless you remove swingarm to get it off. I would not just take it off the sprocket and leave it hanging next to a fast moving sprocket).

Then what happens if you hit a nasty bump or pot hole? I would not trust that at all. A MC trailer from Uhaul is pretty damn cheap! Or get a ramp and put in the back of a truck.

Last edited:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Michael Wilson

I agree. I wouldn't use that either. Looks sketchy

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I'm pretty sure that would do damage to the tranny if the chain wasn't removed. No way I'd use it even if it was free.

tlsollen

No way in hell I would use that on any bike I owned. Oil pump is not running so I do not believe oil would make it to the tranny, etc properly. Chain at minimum would need to be removed. (must break to remove, unless you remove swingarm to get it off. I would not just take it off the sprocket and leave it hanging next to a fast moving sprocket).

Then what happens if you hit a nasty bump or pot hole? I would not trust that at all. A MC trailer from Uhaul is pretty damn cheap! Or get a ramp and put in the back of a truck.
Looks like not a good idea.... :/ Love the truck idea though... Anyone got one for cheap?? Lol

buzzbomb

Elite Member

6R Blackout

YES!!! :bsflag:

I agree no good, bad idea just trailer it or throw it in the back of the truck. I wouldn't do it.

Chucker

Absolutely not. I would never do that. I also use U-Haul regularly. Costs me $30/day, tax in, including $10,000 of personal property insurance.

vkamnev

also rear tire will get worn even if chain disconnected.

JSP

Super Moderator
also rear tire will get worn even if chain disconnected.
Yeah, forgot about that... Nice, unnecessary flat spot on your rear tire now as well.