To hot for gear? from Visor-Down *semi-nsfw*

CrazyCawi

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyCawi

I was just gonna say I wasn't involved in this cat fight but then saw the statement about the ROC

Unless you have gone to a "Ride of the Century"(ROC) event I'm not sure you can speak on it. I have gone to an ROC event so if you have a question don't hesitate to ask. Ok Shirley Rider? HAHAHAHAHA! I said Shirley rider!!!!:p
Ive been on both sides of ROC and not against it in any way, only reason I wont be there this year is because I already took 3 vacations this year and need to save my PTO for my Caribbean cruise this winter. A bunch of my close friends are going, and I cant wait to see the footage.

Just stating that their is some terrorizing that goes on, no matter the large rally of motorcycles whether it be ROC, sturgis, or any other large rider event.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I have Scorpion Monroe and really like them.

Detrich

This weekend, I saw a grandpa on a K1300S riding with Birkenstocks and a jacket. I also saw some HD's squiding. One female passenger had on a tank top and jeans. Well, what can u say... It's their skin and their limbs.

Up in the canyons, anything can happen at any moment. I've seen guys go down in places that most of us could prolly be on a bicycle and still go faster than them. lol.

And, when they do fall, cruiser/ HD riders probably get injured more- due to complete lack of gear. Some don't even wear gloves.

I don't care what rationale they use- too hot, too bulky, no $ etc etc. Honestly, it's all BS. They are just lazy and ignorant and taking unnecessary risks. But, hey this is a free country. And, u cannot legislate common sense.

crobih

Damn this topic will never die. I have been bit by concrete before, and it sucked. Unfortunately I wont change peoples minds. I do not ever wear shorts because I have been hit by debris in the chest with my jacket on and still felt it. But I am guilty of riding with jeans on, and u might have some protection but your knees wont. Not much flesh to tear from the knees before we start seeing bones. Now im geared up even if just going to a local hangout spot.

linkgt

I see peeps on sportbikes in wife-beaters, shorts and flipflops all the time too. The only riders I see ALWAYS wearing gear are BMW riders.
The Sport-Touring crowd take ATGATT VERY VERY serious.

Damn this topic will never die. I have been bit by concrete before, and it sucked. Unfortunately I wont change peoples minds. I do not ever wear shorts because I have been hit by debris in the chest with my jacket on and still felt it. But I am guilty of riding with jeans on, and u might have some protection but your knees wont. Not much flesh to tear from the knees before we start seeing bones. Now im geared up even if just going to a local hangout spot.
I'm thinking about getting these sometime soon:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-resist-kevlar-jeans

roundhouse

i ride almost every day to work even if i know it's going to be 105 degrees i wear my mesh jacket, gloves, helmet and work boots.

the other guys i work with who ride always make fun of me. (until one of them go down and get scuffed up) and 2 of them are fire marshals and former fire fighters and EMS! they know better than most.

i have found that unless i am sitting still a mesh jacket "shades" me and i stay cooler even with the armor in it.

xleeb0y13x

To each their own. I think people understand the risk and some pay for it. Lately I've worn all gear but my jacket. That's what I got my Stryker vest for. I know if I go down my arms are at risk but it comes down to choice. As much as it gets beat to death not all riders will ATGATT. Props to those that do.

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.

indian9990

I wear jeans all the time..I do always wear helmet, gloves, jacket though. I am looking into getting a pair of riding boots soon as well but for now I just rock Nike shoxs lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Hellgate

To each their own. I think people understand the risk and some pay for it. Lately I've worn all gear but my jacket. That's what I got my Stryker vest for. I know if I go down my arms are at risk but it comes down to choice. As much as it gets beat to death not all riders will ATGATT. Props to those that do.

Haven't crashed yet have you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

D52

How do you like the Stryker vest? I was seriously considering it as an add-on when I was looking at the Overload Jackets. I ended up going with a Dainese Racing Jacket in the end though, as the jacket itself fit me much better (which is more important IMO) and bought a Wave G to supplement it.