To hot for gear? from Visor-Down *semi-nsfw*

CrazyCawi

To each their own, some say its a sense of freedom......well that form of freedom looks awfully painful.....

DORSET police have issued this picture of a man's injuries following a slow-speed crash where he was wearing just a T-shirt and jeans. The recent hot weather has seen more bikers take to the roads wearing less protective clothing but Dorset police and Bikesafe are stressing the importance of proper kit. PC Chris Smith, Dorset Police Bikesafe Co-ordinator said: “I cannot stress enough that you should always wear protective clothing – even if you are travelling at low speeds and short distances.

“The lad pictured fell off his bike at a relatively low speed in an urban area. I can’t imagine what might have happened on a fast road at a higher speed, the damage would have been life changing.”

Read more: Police warning to 'T-shirt and shorts' bikers - Motorcycle news : General news - Visordown
1.jpg

2.jpg

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Jeans are good ... for about 5-10 feet.
That's all I need to start flopping like a ragdoll.:D

Seriously, I see Darley Havison riders all the time, flip flops, tank top/tee shirt, shorts, no helmet, sun glasses, seems to be the norm around here for them, heck even sometimes a brew in hand, but always their vest with their patches and bandanas. Got to love em.
They make for good entertainment. :D

Cerebus

I did about 15 feet in my jeans and they didn't wear through. Not condoning it. I'll agree that I see way more HD riders than sport bike types riding with inadequate gear. That is in no way a judgement, just an observation.

bmw675

Hard for me to tell, is that his hip bone in the first pic?

I see alot of people that are just asking for it. One excuse I hear alot is, "but I'm just going down the street". You never know when something is going to happen. Prepare for the worst people.

Pinarello Rider

Seriously, I see Darley Havison riders all the time, flip flops, tank top/tee shirt, shorts, no helmet, sun glasses, seems to be the norm around here for them, heck even sometimes a brew in hand, but always their vest with their patches and bandanas. Got to love em.
I see peeps on sportbikes in wife-beaters, shorts and flipflops all the time too. The only riders I see ALWAYS wearing gear are BMW riders.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

I see peeps on sportbikes in wife-beaters, shorts and flipflops all the time too. The only riders I see ALWAYS wearing gear are BMW riders.
But Darley Havison riders always go helmetless, their right it seems.

I don't know I have seen BMW riders around here in Army fatigues and regular dress pants.

Alex6

They don't lean into the turn ...;)

MaximumHP

I guess that's one advantage to being "upnorth", usually we only have a couple weeks in mid summer where a jacket get's a little toasty when it hits the 90's+ and humid, otherwise I'm rarely hot if it's below 90.

CrazyCawi

Well I ride with full gear, and if I go with jeans I wear protective gear under them, but I always have jacket, helmet, gloves, boots, and some form of protection for my legs/knees with either overpants, or gear under the jeans. Ill wear both the overpants and the underpant gear if Im going on a spirited ride.

Yellow, I like your effort to spring out the darley davidson thing, and surely directed to make a dig toward me, but with your intentions you might as well have said shirley Davidson like everyone typically does on sport bike forums, but then again you always go for your own sense of originality.

We can all argue until we are blue in the face that there are just as many squids riding sport bikes gear less as there are gear-less pirates on Harley. At the end of the day I just laugh because the only fact that matters is that your on two wheels, if you dislike another bike so be it, but two wheels is two wheels.

Invader Jim

That is similar to how I see it here. Sport-touring riders seem much more likely to wear full gear. Harley riders are more likely to wear boots, jeans (and/or chaps), maybe a leather vest. The flip-flop and shorts (sometimes no shirt) are much more likely to be sport bike riders than cruiser riders in my experience.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Y

yellowfz

Yellow, I like your effort to spring out the darley davidson thing, and surely directed to make a dig toward me, but with your intentions you might as well have said shirley Davidson like everyone typically does on sport bike forums, but then again you always go for your own sense of originality.

We can all argue until we are blue in the face that there are just as many squids riding sport bikes gear less as there are gear-less pirates on Harley. At the end of the day I just laugh because the only fact that matters is that your on two wheels, if you dislike another bike so be it, but two wheels is two wheels.
This is a Sport Bike forum? :)Really? I thought I had posted in a Darley Havison forum. :eek:
I call HD riders a lot worst but I respect the forum members enough not to use them here.:D
Seriously I like all motorcycles, but you have to admit HD riders are just a weird bunch.
I mean HD riders are associated with gangs, murders, thugs, adulterous life style, drugs, terrorizing people, why would anyone want that image.

Pinarello Rider

anyone recommend an overpant? I mostly commute and would prefer to not have to take up a bathroom to change at work. Just don't know what's good out there, and local shops don't really cater to the overpant wearing crowd.

Pinarello Rider

:surrender::deadhorse:

This is a Sport Bike forum? :)Really? I thought I had posted in a Darley Havison forum. :eek:
I call HD riders a lot worst but I respect the forum members enough not to use them here.:D
Seriously I like all motorcycles, but you have to admit HD riders are just a weird bunch.
I mean HD riders are associated with gangs, murders, thugs, adulterous life style, drugs, terrorizing people, why would anyone want that image.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Yes, the fz6r is classified as a sport bike, IE: Full Fairing. I didnt say "super sport." Second off, I forgot sport bike riders aren't associated with gangs(Rough riderz, ect)?..... And I didn't realize motorcycles dictated who is a murderer and who is not? I've witnessed many "thugs" on sport bikes and I am sure many others can attest to it as well. An adulterous lifestyles does not surround a motorcycle, the rider makes that choice. A rider here locally (on a cbr600rr) just died while using drugs and running from the cops but I suppose that would be segregated to honda cbr riders right? Finally, terrorizing people....have you ever heard of ROC?....Okay.....so where is the sense of validity to your statement? Please....enlighten me.

Twelve O'clock in Baltimore movie trailer - YouTube

http://www.vice.com/read/the-wheelying-dirt-bike-gangs-of-baltimore-twelve-o-clock-boyz-lofty-nathan

Shirley Davidson? Never heard that before. Guess I learned something new today...

Anyways, Thanks for the new saying & links CC.
Absolutely man, I'm sure you have seen the gear before or could have found it yourself, I just figured I would show ya what I use. Hopefully I never have to know how well it holds up, but either way Ill be glad I have it if I do.

Last edited: