Tires

Which would you ride?

• Dunlop Q'3

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Dunlop Road Master II

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Billy Ho

Ok which tires would you put on your Bike the Dunlop Q'3 or the Dunlop Road Master II's? I know the Road Masters will last longer but is there that much difference in the feel of the two tires?

GhostRider7

Q3 > Roadsmart II imo

Ok which tires would you put on your Bike the Dunlop Q'3 or the Dunlop Road Master II's? I know the Road Masters will last longer but is there that much difference in the feel of the two tires?
To answer your question as fully as possible I will tell you that I have had both sets on my bike. I bought my fz6r new and it came with the Dunlop Roadsmart II's and once those were gone I threw on a full set of the Dunlop q3's.

I got just over 8k mileage out of the original rear tire (with the occasional wheelie or 3) and the front was still at least half tread when I swapped on the Q3's. The q3's are a much stickier tire and as such have a softer compound which wears faster. That being said I got right at 5k miles from the q3 rear.

Personally I like the grip and confidence I get from the feel of the q3's better so I went ahead and ordered another rear of that one (14k on the bike so far and climbing).

It really boils down to what you want in a tire. Higher mileage vs. better grip. Not that there was anything wrong with the Roadsmarts but you can feel the difference instantly. Plus the q3's have a nicer tread pattern. :D

BluePill

I liked the Roadsmarts that came with my 2009 fizzer, and replaced them with the same. 1 new front and 2 new rears over a period of 15K miles.

My 2015 came with Battlax BT 021 and I haven't had enough road time yet to give a review on them, except to say that they don't feel quite as "Crisp"

Drennan57

I liked the Roadsmarts that came with my 2009 fizzer, and replaced them with the same. 1 new front and 2 new rears over a period of 15K miles.

My 2015 came with Battlax BT 021 and I haven't had enough road time yet to give a review on them, except to say that they don't feel quite as "Crisp"

OT here but can I ask why you have owned 2 6R's? From my understanding the 09-15 are identical bikes.

I'm new to the FZ so I'm just curious.

BluePill

OT here but can I ask why you have owned 2 6R's? From my understanding the 09-15 are identical bikes.

I'm new to the FZ so I'm just curious.
I moved a few years ago and could only take one bike with me. I kept the 2008 WR250R and sold the 2009FZ6R.

I recently found the need for a pure street bike, and it made sense to go with what I already knew and loved.

I considered a Suzuki 650 V-Strom. It's a good bike, but I love the sound and character of a 4 cylinder.

I have been riding since 1965, and of the dozens of bikes that I've owned, this is only the second time I have bought the same model twice.

Last edited:

Drennan57

I moved a few years ago and could only take one bike with me. I kept the 2008 WR250R and sold the 2009FZ6R.

I recently found the need for a pure street bike, and it made sense to go with what I already knew and loved.

I considered a Suzuki 650 V-Strom. It's a good bike, but I love the sound and character of a 4 cylinder.

I have been riding since 1965, and of the dozens of bikes that I've owned, this is only the second time I have bought the same model twice.
Ok right on. This will be my first season with the bike so it's nice to hear good things about it.