Thoughts on icon?

pavmentsurfer

I have an Icon Airmada. I work in the powersports media and have worn hundreds of helmets. The Airmada is built every bit as well as any other upper mid level helmet. It aint a shoei but its better than a Gmax for sure. I tried on a dozen lids before I bought my Airmada, everything from Shoei to HJC and I just felt the airmada offered the best mix of comfort, features and value. It also looks cool, but thats a secondary concern.

After real world testing many helmets I can say, for myself at least, a good quality helmet is going to protect your head weather it costs $250 or $600. The ground doesnt know how much your helmet costs. It also doesnt care. Ive never had a mid level helmet fail and I have no reason to assume the Icon will either.

I also have Icon riding shoes. The Tarmac 2's. The first day I got them one of the elastic lace ends came unstitched and the place I bought it from would only send it in for warranty, not replace it despite it only having been tried on, not ridden with. I fixed it myself and they've held up fine for a few thousand KM since. I was going to buy an overlord leather jacket but decided on going with alpinestars gear instead. After an industry discount it was the same price and I very much trust alpinestars quality. Though I would have had no hesitation buying the overlord if I needed to.

abyss1406

I have the Icon Stryker vest and Elbow gaurds, both i feel would take a hit at low speeds and a low slide, high siding my be a different ball game. I also have the Icon Patrol waterproof gloves and they hold up in light to moderate rain. Down pour they were soaking wet.