This Weather - Depression is really starting to set in.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MaximumHP

Congrats on finishing the paperwork.
On the other note. Supposed to snow yet tonight and tomorrow then be good Saturday. Then chance of snow almost every day next week. :(
Well, our meteorologist here said the heavy stuff went up over northern Wisconsin in a counter clockwise direction and back down along the border over the top of Minneapolis. I guess you guys are really getting the shaft over there. Sounds like we will end up with at most 2”, and hopefully melt quickly.

Congrats! where did you buy it from? and its supposed to get nice for the weekend!
Hey neighbor! We’ll have to hook up one of these days when the weather gets better. I don’t know, I don’t have much faith the weather will be too good this weekend according to WBAY. I do see a glimmer of hope that on Tuesday I could pick up my bike though. Supposed to suck the rest of the week though. Got my bike from Ecklund on OO (15 now I guess).

MaximumHP

yeah, but what sucks about it is we had that rain to wash off the salt, sand and chemicals... Now it is back on the road again! :( Go out on the roads before next good rain be carefull of the sand and clean the bike really good afterwards to help get off the salt from the bike.
Well, luckily the next good rain is only a few days away, LOL.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MaximumHP

Yeah, niether of us has too great of weather, it's suppose to be in the 60's by now.

I can't speak from personal experience, but a friend told me the rented motorcycle trailers are pretty nice. Low to the ground for easy on and off. Channels to guide the tires. Easy tie downs etc. On the other hand I have a small 4x8 utility trailer and I use it all the time, even when I had my pickup truck.

bowfishin13

Well, our meteorologist here said the heavy stuff went up over northern Wisconsin in a counter clockwise direction and back down along the border over the top of Minneapolis. I guess you guys are really getting the shaft over there. Sounds like we will end up with at most 2”, and hopefully melt quickly.

Hey neighbor! We’ll have to hook up one of these days when the weather gets better. I don’t know, I don’t have much faith the weather will be too good this weekend according to WBAY. I do see a glimmer of hope that on Tuesday I could pick up my bike though. Supposed to suck the rest of the week though. Got my bike from Ecklund on OO (15 now I guess).
Yes we will! I went there they really don't help you with anything there. I personally think their customer service sucks. But hey you still got a bike and when it gets a bit nicer shoot me a message!

CrazyCawi

Lucky for you!! LOL
For me it looks like:
Friday SNOW
Saturday high 38
Sunday Snow
Monday 20% snow
Tuesday High 43
Wednesday 50% Snow
Thursday 40% Snow

I am thinking I better begin making plans to buy a trailer or rent one for next Saturday to bring my bike up for the brake lines/coolan flush/tire install and 12k service excluding oil change... Something tells me no riding for me.

Looked at renting and it would require me to drive 35 miles to pick up, 35 miles back home. Then 35 back up to bring bike there, then 35 miles back home with bike, then 35 miles back up there to return trailer, then 35 miles back home. So 210 miles about w/ truck at 18-20mpg being 10-13 gallons I would look at about $40 gas and 20 trailer so $60. Buy a no floor trailer for 498 + about $60 for treated plywood and $10? for D ring tie downs? Then I have a trailer for future uses of stuff..
You need to get on mnsbr....many people would help you if you asked for help plus most shops including beeline will pick the bike up. The rocket shop said $20 and he would come pick mine up. A shop in Burnsville said $60.....think brotha think.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

MaximumHP

Yes we will! I went there they really don't help you with anything there. I personally think their customer service sucks. But hey you still got a bike and when it gets a bit nicer shoot me a message!
Yeah, I shopped around and found the bike I wanted online, which happened to be there. I basically walked in there and said I'll pay this much for the bike, they countered and I accepted. IMO, there are no decent Yamaha dealers around here. Normally I like Kens Sports.

bowfishin13

Yeah, I shopped around and found the bike I wanted online, which happened to be there. I basically walked in there and said I'll pay this much for the bike, they countered and I accepted. IMO, there are no decent Yamaha dealers around here. Normally I like Kens Sports.
Oh I gotcha, I agree in the area they aren't the best but I got mine from Team Motorsports in up by Green Bay. We know someone who used to work there and we go there a lot so they know us but even when we first went in they were decent. Winnebagoland are alright depending on the day we have went in there and not one person helped us but the last time we were there we had like 6 or 7 people on us. I haven't had help at Ecklund without going to the counter. Powersports one I have not heard one good thing about. I've heard Kens is good though. Its hard to say because right now everywhere is busy and not always someone free to help but those are just my experiences.

MaximumHP

Oh I gotcha, I agree in the area they aren't the best but I got mine from Team Motorsports in up by Green Bay. We know someone who used to work there and we go there a lot so they know us but even when we first went in they were decent. Winnebagoland are alright depending on the day we have went in there and not one person helped us but the last time we were there we had like 6 or 7 people on us. I haven't had help at Ecklund without going to the counter. Powersports one I have not heard one good thing about. I've heard Kens is good though. Its hard to say because right now everywhere is busy and not always someone free to help but those are just my experiences.
Never been up to Team Motorsports, have to check it out sometime. I agree though, you have to beg a plead for help at Ecklunds and usually they don't like to deal, although once I decided to pull the trigger they were pretty decent to me. I can't really complain. I didn't have a good experience at Winnebagoland when I was looking for my Ninja. Ken's didn't know me from Adam and priced out the exact same bike at $1500 lower than Winnebagoland. I tend to be a person who doesn't have a lot of loyalty to dealers since I usually buy what I want wherever it happens to be, usually used. It's hard to find dealers of much of anything anymore that aren't scammers on some level. :(

Kayo7

Talk about weather. Here are some pictures of the weather by my area. Rain storm that just came through, 6 inches recorded so far. Just stopped for a little but will continue later on today. Businesses are under water, streets are flooded so bad that you can only see the roof of a mini van. It's pretty bad so far.

Attachments

bloodypulp

It's already 87• down here, my god it gonna be a hot summer. Guess ill be washing my helmet liner every day now. Humidity is a killer.

MaximumHP

Talk about weather. Here are some pictures of the weather by my area. Rain storm that just came through, 6 inches recorded so far. Just stopped for a little but will continue later on today. Businesses are under water, streets are flooded so bad that you can only see the roof of a mini van. It's pretty bad so far.
I heard you guys got some pretty bad stuff. We're getting some snow tomorrow, yay...

Kayo7

I heard you guys got some pretty bad stuff. We're getting some snow tomorrow, yay...
I think right now I would rather have snow. Its only getting worse from here. At least the rain stopped (for now) but will be returning they say this afternoon. estimated another 3-5 inches of rain.

bmw675

Same here. Every week they say next week will be dryer. Then they change it. It is definetly getting old.

Kayo7

Here's a friends house how it looks right now.

Attachments

MaximumHP

Wow, this spring has been crazy, apparently we got saved and a lot of what was supposed to hit us didn't. I guess today-tonight we get some more. We have some minor flooding here, but nothing like you guys are getting.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member