Things People Say To You

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Maadi

I get a lot of these due to my headlight modulator:

"Hey, did you know your headlight's flashing?"
"Hey, something's wrong with your headlight!"

or: a car going by with the driver hanging an arm out the window closing and opening his/her fist quickly.

If we're stopped at a light I tell them I know and thank them and they will ask why it's flashing and I tell them it's to get people's attention. Works, huh? :)

in general convo's

"ooo you have a bike what kind

(me) yamaha its a 600cc.

Oooo so you have an R6???

(me) No No not exactly it is another yamaha 600cc it is not a SS

you should have got the R6.

(me) ooo yea why is that

its crazy fast....

(me) you dont say (start walking away for ignorance lol)

the ignorance is real! people say things that they havent got a lick of knowledge about.

I dont have any long stories but i did have a redneck ask me if it was a 1000cc. so i just pointed to the fz6r decal and said.... yes. lol he was all sorts of confused.
:deadhorse:

Reactions: JT

Bert-Aus

Always get "Aren't you hot in all that gear?" -as I'm always in full leathers

...unfortunately it's always older larger women or guys:(

ATGATT is my response "...I like my skin where it is"

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member
Last edited:

Grumpy

Always get "Aren't you hot in all that gear?" -as I'm always in full leathers

...unfortunately it's always older larger women or guys:(

ATGATT is my response "...I like my skin where it is"

That's what I hear the most as well. I tell them "I'd rather sweat than bleed".

JSP

Super Moderator
Related to the octane thread... We have gas attendants here that pump your gas for you. Although they let us pump our own if we are on a bike... but they have to start the meter and select the grade for you.

So anytime I go to get gas (except on the R6, that actually required Premium), they most of the time say, "Nice bike, Premium yes?" as they are already getting ready to push the button.

"NO... Regular". Then they look at me like I am retarded. "Really"?. :rolleyes: "Yes, Regular.... Please". Usually it ends there, but on the rare occasion I will get the, "you should treat her better than Regular!". That is when I stop talking and just hurry to leave.

:spank: They sure do have a good thing going with this Regular vs. SUPER BETTER, YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DO NOT USE PREMIUM! Premium means 'Mo Bettah!!!! It MUST! It says PREMIUM. Marketing at its best. :rolleyes:

Brock Kickass

Related to the octane thread... We have gas attendants here that pump your gas for you. Although they let us pump our own if we are on a bike... but they have to start the meter and select the grade for you.

So anytime I go to get gas (except on the R6, that actually required Premium), they most of the time say, "Nice bike, Premium yes?" as they are already getting ready to push the button.

"NO... Regular". Then they look at me like I am retarded. "Really"?. :rolleyes: "Yes, Regular.... Please". Usually it ends there, but on the rare occasion I will get the, "you should treat her better than Regular!". That is when I stop talking and just hurry to leave.

:spank: They sure do have a good thing going with this Regular vs. SUPER BETTER, YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DO NOT USE PREMIUM! Premium means 'Mo Bettah!!!! It MUST! It says PREMIUM. Marketing at its best. :rolleyes:
How can it not be better? It costs more. It HAS to be better.
:bsflag:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Sage

"Dude do a burnout!!"

"That'll cost you 250 bucks"

"What!? Why?"

"Cuz I'm not paying for the new tire."

Take off on the green to their dumbstruck face

Adroit

Walking around school in textile jacket/pants + carrying helmet, people ask if I ride a motorcycle.. "nope I just like carrying the gear around" :facepalm:

tobymax

Walking around school in textile jacket/pants + carrying helmet, people ask if I ride a motorcycle.. "nope I just like carrying the gear around" :facepalm:
Dude we go to the same school...lol. You dont know how many times that has happened to me.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member