MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

alishas

My few complaints are

1. Too heavy. Direct competition is Gladius, Ninja 650, ER6N...Heaviest of the three (and between this and my next comment, it feels worse than it looks). (I won't complain about power as a real world application most people won't be able to tell the difference....even though it's powerline is completely below the others).

2. Center of gravity is too far forward. I hate stopping on the right side as with any loose rocks at all it feels like it's going to dump and sometimes if I didn't give it gas and go I am sure it would have.... before you make a comment I am switching back and forth between an FZ8 and this and have owned a ZX6R for 6 years and had to land on the right side constantly because of it's height and never had problems like this (I'm short). I also owned a 650 Ninja as well and it was much, much better than this.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Alex6

5. The Speedo is off!! Gad this one drives me absolutely batty. BMW did it with my old 328 and it was a freakin math test every time I got behind the wheel. Now I'm doing it with the bike. Had I known that ahead of time, I probably wouldn't have bought the bike. The speedo should be relatively accurate. I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in over 20 years of driving, and I plan to keep it that way. Getting a 10+ over because I calculate wrong would piss me off to no end.
10+ over ... and on a motorcycle ... Really?! :rolleyes:

You might be better off with a Vespa, can't imagine a speeding ticket on that thing.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

alishas

Why would height require you to stop on the right side? If there is some barrier on the left? (sand, oil, etc?)
Or I'm backwards on everything, sorry, I always land on my left side, but when landing on the right is when it feels odd and like it's going down. It seems to be even if I shift my weight to the left side which is normal to me it still goes to the right on some situations such as stopping at the top of an off ramp before turning right. The only other thing I should say is I ride this bike maybe once a week as it's my wife's vs almost every other day on the FZ8.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Chucker

They could have fixed all of everyone's complaints, but then there would have been another:

57. The bike is too expensive.

HelmetHair

I think this bike is really a good standard with a fairing, rather than the supersport everybody expects it to be or tries to make it be.

I think the Fz6r is a perfect candidate to have been made with a belt drive. Obviously not a mod worth undertaking, but as a design feature it would have been perfect for this bike. The Buells, BMW F800GT, and even my old (long since deceased, I would imagine) 1988 Kawasaki 454LTD had one.

Low maintenance, clean, and I think it would give the bike a unique look it doesn't have right now.

Pinarello Rider

I only have 5 complaints and they wouldn't be expensive to fix. :)

They could have fixed all of everyone's complaints, but then there would have been another:

57. The bike is too expensive.

zcypher

Don't get me wrong - I like the bike overall. It just isn't perfect - a thread like this can help people who are looking at the bike go in with their eyes wide open.
true enough, a fair point. not knocking the thread at all! my opinion of the bike is probably clouded since i've only had the bike for such a short time, it's my first bike, i'm still in that phase hehe... it can do no wrong!

poidabike

Just the stock exhaust shits me and expensive to modify.
It's a learner bike boys and girls the rest is to be expected.
btw - How the hell are you all hitting the horn???? It's completely out of the way.