The Mistress

Parcho

So I was riding around last week and a 2011 FZ8 pulled up next to me... I tried not to stare, but I just couldn't help myself. Now I find myself secretly googling images of her. Reading stories, late at night. I might even set up a date to meet in person soon...

On a more serious note, anyone have any experience with one? I'm definately not ready to stop using the FZ6R but I really think this might be the bike for when I am.

Last edited:

Superzoom

The FZ8 tempts me as well. Especially since I'm one of those strange guys who wanted to street fighter his FZ6R.

I read a review of the FZ8 in either Cycle World or Motorcyclist a while back, and they said it was a great bike. It seems very similar to the FZ6R but just slightly better in a lot of ways. Both are really great all arounders, but the FZ8 has a little more power and probably better suspension. About the same weight.

It seems like a good upgrade if all you want is a little bump in performance and handling, and like the naked style.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
From what I read on the FZ1 forum the bike is solid but if you want the bike to handle right the suspension and brake is at the 6R level. So you end up spending just as much money then going strait to a FZ1. You can pick a use FZ1 in good condition for what you will pay for a FZ8... and it might come all modded. And they can run fore ever...
I am pretty set on FZ1 being my next bike in the future. Love that bike.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
If I had the $$$ I could pick up a 09 FZ1 black/gold wheel for mid 6K.... under 1K miles. It's freaking driving me crazy...
Wow, yeah not sure I could hold back on that one. Trade in time! :D Not as easy though since you have a killer FZ6R though. All that work into it. So to just pull in a second bike is rougher.

Parcho

I read that about the suspension as well. Which, for my riding style, it's really not too big of a deal for me. Going by from what I've read, the difference really only shows in very aggressive cornering. Other than that, its not too different.

I also kind of like the middle ground engine of the fz8. It just seems to me like a nicely upgraded XJ6, which I'd be totally happy with considerig how much I love the FZ6R.

Also, check out findthebest.com, a pretty good site for comparisons... not only for bikes.

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member