The FZ1 can transform!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I think I've put up a pic or two before about how I wanted to transform the FZ1 into a unique machine. Well, the parts came in.... Last night I installed the seat cowl and the speed screen.

She went from this:

To THIS!

The differences in the screen are amazing! Here's a few comparison shots.

Before:

After:

Strike Seat Cowl installed:

I still have these to install and the front blinker pods are on the way. The fronts will be LED.

The tail will look like this on Sunday:

nlpyle

That is an Awesome bike. One lucky owner. Am curious do they have fairings for that bike? I love the look of that bike and also love the full fairing look too. But great bike.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

MikeN02

Are you going to consider getting the full fairing kit?

That windshield makes it look more of an aggressive sport bike than a touring bike.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Are you going to consider getting the full fairing kit?

That windshield makes it look more of an aggressive sport bike than a touring bike.

No, no, no..... ;) That post was just to answer the question from nlpyle. :D

I'm totally hooked on the half naked look of the bike and love the aggression that the new screen added to it. She's staying just like this for a long time. :D I'll post more pics once I have the blinker pods running and mounted.

Next winter, I may do some custom painting to add to the appearance. :D

Halon

Thank you! The naked look is excellent. I wasn't sold on the seat cowl but it's growing on me. The windshield looks great though. Thumbs up.

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks great! :thumbup:

Heineken

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
FZ1 is for sure the bike I'll be stepping up to eventually. I got to ride a friends 2006 R1 on Tuesday on one of our best twisty roads. The power was great, the suspension, brakes, everything was great, except the riding position. The first minute was awesome. By the time I got to the bottom of the hill, my neck and back were KILLING me. Not 5 minutes on the bike and I was done. But everything else was great. I figure if I go the FZ1 route, I could get my riding position and eventually get the power, suspension, and brakes like I liked on the R1.
Same reason I don't have an R1 Jon! :D Ergos and my old bones just don't work together. I had tried a friend's SV650 though... about 5 minutes was all it took...

You can get the FZ1 close to the R1 but if it was the newer cross plane R1? Not a chance! However, the FZ1 has more hp than you can possibly use regardless. Suspension should be the first mod if you are either a serious canyon carver or track day rider.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking bike! I stopped in the dealership the other day just to piddle around and see if they had any specials going on. They had one FZ1 sitting on the floor. The black one with the gold rims. :drool: I restrained myself from even sitting on it, because the wife would have killed me instantly when I came home with it. :(

arkkornkid

Who makes that speed screen?..... it makes the front look quite different. Would be nice if they made one for the 6R... so it'd look a bit wider and less insect-ish.

NVM, did a quick search... I see they only design FZ1 stuff.... that's a shame

Last edited:

nlpyle

I am with jon. I think the riding position might be an issue with some of the sport bikes. I am a fairly big guy and love the riding position of the 6R and sense the fz1 is about the same and able to get full fairings I am excited about that bike.

Stephenfz6r

Great looking bike! I stopped in the dealership the other day just to piddle around and see if they had any specials going on. They had one FZ1 sitting on the floor. The black one with the gold rims. :drool: I restrained myself from even sitting on it, because the wife would have killed me instantly when I came home with it. :(
So what's your point.:shakehead:

Stephenfz6r

That Robert would have been missing from the forum for about 5 months now :D
You guys need to be a little more inventive. He could order one of those Chinese FZ6R fairing kits and install it on the FZ1, she'd never know the difference. Anyway she would not have killed him, he would just need to get some new furniture in the living room for her and everyone would be happy.:D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You guys need to be a little more inventive. He could order one of those Chinese FZ6R fairing kits and install it on the FZ1, she'd never know the difference. Anyway she would not have killed him, he would just need to get some new furniture in the living room for her and everyone would be happy.:D
No way would I get new furniture in the living room! That shit is comfortable, and if I'm going to be sleeping on the couch, I want one that my ass has already conformed to! :rof:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member