Test rode '13 Daytona 675 over the weekend...

RoadTrip

When I was transitioning & had the R6 and the 6R, I noticed every time I'd go riding I'd want to ride the R6. That's how I knew it was time to sell the 6R.

Now that I have the R1 & R6, I get giddy trying to decide which one to ride. That's how I know I have come up with some good excuse to fend off my family from crucifying me- after I told them I'd sell the R6 after getting the R1. It makes no sense whatsoever, but I want to keep both. >.<
Yeah, I was wondering how that was playing out. I continued to see both in your sig, so I figured you still had both. Definitely 2 bikes allows you to choose a flavor for the day. But, you need to to come up with a real clever excuse for the family that makes it seem safer to own 2 bikes. For example, 'Being able to ride both keeps me from becoming complacent, in the end I pay more attention and the result is I am much safer rider'.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Detrich

Tnx. Well, I'm extremely happy with both of these 2 atm. Dynamically, they both handle great & make enough power for me. I still haven't tried the R1 in "A mode," so there's still some fun in store when I get comfortable. I'm just looking to continue enjoying the fun and improving my riding skills at my own comfortable pace I suppose.

Here's the best analogy I can come up with as far as their differences after riding both in the twisties.

The R1 handles/ performs more like a contemporary Corvette or Camaro, whereas the R6 more like a Japanese import sports- ie 370z or RX-8. Both handle the twisties extremely well and are very predictable and very confidence-inspiring.

The R1 is definitely smoother & more stable when it's running 65MPH+ & above 6500 RPM, upon which it's weight is no longer noticeable and it flicks side-to-side fairly effortlessly. U can tell it was designed to ridden and perform at high speeds at all times. Below 65, it's a bit more sluggish and requires a bit more effort to move around. Either way it still feels very anchored in the turns and has a ton of power in reserve and on-tap.

In comparison, the R6 is easy to maneuver at any speed. It's light, precise, and point-&-shoot essentially. It loves to be revv'd very high, and cruising at 8K to 10K RPM on it gives u a broad range of both power & instantaneous engine braking capabilities. The chassis is simply so responsive and so balanced that you feel excited at triple digit speeds yet always feel grounded & never feel like u r losing control of it.

Because they both offer very different yet equally fun experiences, I can now see why lotta ppl on the R1 forum have both bikes. >.<