Test rode '13 Daytona 675 over the weekend...

kvc25

OMG. I have the super sport bug now and must find a way to get this bike. Not a bad thing to say about the experience. The jump off the line is incredible. Handled like a dream. And so much power. As soon as I got back on the FZ6R after the ride, it literally felt like riding in quicksand for the first 15 mins or so until my hands got used to the throttle on the 6R again. Probably gonna keep my bike as the tourer bike, but yea, gonna need that super sport in my life.

arse

Lol I know the feeling.

bmw675

I don't know anyone who hasn't liked the 675. :D
But if you do find yourself wanting a more comfortable ergo bike, don't overlook the street triple. I think that's where it's at for a bike on the street.

Detrich

675 is awesome, but u can get a liter Japanese SS bike for the same $ :D

Sage

675 is awesome, but u can get a liter Japanese SS bike for the same $ :D
Sorry to burst you're bubble, but the 675 is the same brand new as any of the 600cc Japanese SS bikes ;)

Detrich

Last edited:

Sage

$11.5k last time I had checked, which an R6 is $11k I think. the 675R on the other hand is a few grand more, which would be getting close to a literbike

Detrich

R6's do not cost that much. Ppl who pay over $10k didn't shop around.

I got mine slightly used, but I do know guys who've picked up brand new ones for $8.5k or $9k OTD...

Sage

Round here they do. The yamaha dealer never has them long and most definitely sells them for the sticker that is shown on yamaha's site. I guess that's the difference a few thousand miles makes hahaha

Detrich

Guess so... In so Cali, the biggest selling 600's are the GSXR's & CBR's. And, if u do ur homework u can get a fantastic deal on an R6. CBRs tend to cost more tho...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

RoadTrip

I really like the 675R, sat on one at the dealership, lots of trick carbon and interesting paint, plus of course Ohlins suspension. It was at the top of my list, actually, but in the end I went for the 0% gixxer sale when moving to the 750, plus I had 17,000 trouble free miles on my GSXR600.

The reviewers say the 675R is still a bit more committed in riding position, and perhaps a bit less stability than the gixxer, but it has a better bottom end, more flickable, fantastic race ABS, and a great quick shifter - it is basically a fully prepped race bike. I like the triple sound on boil, but that low RPM whistle still is a bit weird.

Last edited:

Cerebus

Its not a matter of dumb, its a matter of desire.
I already have the desire. For the time being, my common sense is keeping me in check telling me the FZ6R is more than enough bike for a n00b like myself.

At some point though, desire will tell common sense to STFU. :D

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

OMG. I have the super sport bug now and must find a way to get this bike. Not a bad thing to say about the experience. The jump off the line is incredible. Handled like a dream. And so much power. As soon as I got back on the FZ6R after the ride, it literally felt like riding in quicksand for the first 15 mins or so until my hands got used to the throttle on the 6R again. Probably gonna keep my bike as the tourer bike, but yea, gonna need that super sport in my life.
Seriously, why would you buy a bike from a company that can't even spell tires properly.

Features | Triumph Motorcycles

:D

Detrich

When I was transitioning & had the R6 and the 6R, I noticed every time I'd go riding I'd want to ride the R6. That's how I knew it was time to sell the 6R.

Now that I have the R1 & R6, I get giddy trying to decide which one to ride. That's how I know I have come up with some good excuse to fend off my family from crucifying me- after I told them I'd sell the R6 after getting the R1. It makes no sense whatsoever, but I want to keep both. >.<